Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 11:02:11 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Moving from non V-cap to Vcap? (Read 6301 times)
neilwill
Verified Member

Moving from non V-cap to Vcap?
09/15/12 at 17:26:27

Hi there
I have this fine amp without the V-cap upgrade.  I've had it for a few months and it sounds great with my devore 3XL speakers.  The curiosity bug has me wondering about the V-cap upgrade.  Has anybody used the stock unit for a while then gotten the upgrade?  What were your impression before and after?  How much of an improvement was there?  What changed, etc?  Thanks.

Neil

Torii MkIII w/jupiter caps, Tonian Classic 8.1 S speakers (98db, 16 ohm), BMC Audio BDCD 1.1 cd player, Synergistic Research Powercell 6 SE, Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator IC, Synergistic Research T2 SE & T3 SE power cords, Auditorium 23 speaker cable
  IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Re: Moving from non V-cap to Vcap?
Reply #1 - 09/22/12 at 06:33:32

I'll do my best here. Had my Torii for a few months stock before upgrading. Got it back late July. Have had several other changes in the system since then as well. Best I can tell you. is that it's very much a worthwhile upgrade. The stock Torii is amazing. The upgrade brings more grip, more power, more control, more weight. Take what you love about the Torii and multiply by 2-3 times and you're there. I may be underestimating. Out of the box it sounds good. After a few months, great. Supposedly I may have a bit more to go.

Is it a necessary upgrade? Hell no. This is a great amp as is. Stock tubes and all. But for those of us who want the option, you will be rewarded. Yeah, well worth it.

IP Logged
neilwill
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/23/12 at 00:06:46

This is really helpful.  Thanks a lot.  When I get a few extra dollars I may take the plunge.

Torii MkIII w/jupiter caps, Tonian Classic 8.1 S speakers (98db, 16 ohm), BMC Audio BDCD 1.1 cd player, Synergistic Research Powercell 6 SE, Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator IC, Synergistic Research T2 SE & T3 SE power cords, Auditorium 23 speaker cable
  IP Logged
ryandigital
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 07/23/13 at 23:51:14

What is/are the uf values of those caps?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print