Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 05:37:48 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trapezium on the way :) (Read 24645 times)
JazztoGo

Trapezium on the way :)
08/11/12 at 03:40:49

So this is my first post here, but I am just very excited to get these little guys I had to say something.  I just got notice that my speakers are shipped and I got my mini torii all ready for them.  I am very excited, just like I was last winter when I heard that my mini torri had been shipped.

Good stuff to come,  happy listening everyone

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Trapezium on the way :)
Reply #1 - 08/11/12 at 13:07:19

Yeah, baby! Wait until you light those speakers up! After a while, turn the volume up and go into the next room. You would think that there are floor standers in there.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #2 - 08/18/12 at 00:46:57

And Traps have landed!  ;D  First off I have to say that these babies were amazingly packed.  It so nice to see such great care in the packing of these little guys, heh though I never expected anything less.   All week I have been excited since I got the shipping notice and have to say the sound i am hearing it was worth the wait lol.

I finally got it setup in my small computer area and now begins the break in process.  
My setup is:
lossles files from iMac--->Van Alstine Vision dac-->Mini Torii--->Traps.  

So far I am liking what I am hearing, now just to give is some time and see how these little guys develop. I do love the size as when next to my computer its the perfect size and also the workmanship on these speakers are fantastic!   Grin Grin

Have a great day everyone

IMG_2779.jpg
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 08/18/12 at 13:44:09

Wow, what a computer set up. Congrats, and enjoy!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #4 - 10/14/12 at 14:19:52

Well I have had the traps for awhile now and they have definitely changed with break in.....for the better!  

I admit I really enjoyed the sound when I first got them but somehow things all across the board got better.  Looking back I can see how they sounded a little congested when I first got them compared to now.  
Yep very happy with these desktop speakers and as always well worth the wait!  ;D

Happy listening everyone

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 10/14/12 at 14:42:09

It always amazes me a little when speakers are broken in an "being all they can be." Which with Decware speaker is a HELLUVA LOT. Smiley Congrats, and keep on listening!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/14/12 at 16:26:13

Does the right speaker sound boomy at all, interacting with the side wall? Probably not as the bass radiates on the sides of the speakers. I find my pair to be immensely satisfying. I drive them with a little ZEN amp or the TABOO.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #7 - 10/14/12 at 16:41:23

Occasionally I find the bass a little boomy with certain songs but most of the time its just fine as I cant really do anything with the location currently.

I took the setup into the bedroom to hear how it sounds with no wall to the side and its very open and tight lol.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 10/14/12 at 19:40:58

You could place something to the left of the left speaker to "catch" the bass reflecting sideways.

55   IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #9 - 10/24/12 at 01:12:33

Hey there,  yeah nope I cant really put anything to the left as it does not get wife approval lol.  its a tiny little corner of the apartment and i thank you her for letting me have so much stuff on the space next to my desk lol.
she is a wonderful woman.  thank you though for the suggestion I appreciate it

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #10 - 01/31/13 at 13:58:02

Hello everyone,

Well I have just moved to a new place and have a better setup for my traps and the sound is much more open now as there is no wall directly next to one speaker Smiley.  I also just recently got the upgrades for the MT and so far just loving the combination.  I catch my self at times forgetting to do work at the computer when the music is playing...ahh good stuff Smiley

Hmm looks like the future has me getting a pair of speakers cables from decware...darn good stuff they make Smiley Cheesy

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 02/01/13 at 00:31:16

My friend and colleague next door often comes into my office when I am playing some real sweet jazz through my TRAPEZIUMS.

I was recently cursed with being furnished two monitors at my desk. This required me to reposition my speakers farther apart. I am getting used to the minor variation in placement, which does not really affect the wonderful TRAPEZIUM sound!

55   IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #12 - 02/25/13 at 04:49:18

Well so far still loving the sound of the traps along with my recently updated Mini Torii.  The other day not sure what happened but all of a sudden for me everything just became even more clear and clean sounding.  I just love the clean sound from all spectrums, the bass, mids and treble Smiley  These have wonderful imaging and I had a friend over once and he just fell in love with the whole setup I had. hah

IP Logged
Greg Gates
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 03/11/13 at 15:56:38

First post here, an opinion only. I own two pairs of the Trapezium's now and am amazed by them just about every day I listen. Due to moving, I sold all of my larger audio equipment and scaled down to a small Virtue Audio amplifier and a pair of Trapezium's last year. Now we moved back into the same house I had all the large gear in previously and I find that these little speakers fill a huge room that used to require much larger speakers. I never get any fatigue while listening either. I like to listen to these more then any speaker I have owned in the past. I sure hope Decware and Bob continue down this design path, what an amazing piece of equipment.

Greg Gates

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14 - 03/11/13 at 16:05:28

Welcome Greg! Glad your Traps are filling that room!

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #15 - 03/11/13 at 16:12:21

Congrats Greg,  

Yep the traps are really wonderful little guys. Smiley

IP Logged
MikeZ@turningpointaudio
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 03/13/13 at 11:28:56

Hey Guys,
I am so glad to hear people as happy with the Trapezium's as I have been. They are a fun little speaker that does more than I thought they could ever do. I mainly use mine for 8' listening and Gaming in a small room. But whenever I need to move them to the living room for a movie, they just impress me every time.
Truly glad you guys have tried these out and find as much enjoyment in them as I have.

-Mike Ziegler

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print