Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 08:18:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UNSUNG FEATURE OF MINI TORII - OUTPUT JACKS (Read 4761 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

UNSUNG FEATURE OF MINI TORII - OUTPUT JACKS
08/04/12 at 14:21:24

I recalled that the MINI TORII has the output jacks to feed the signal, along with the amp's sound signature. So I connected the outputs to the input of my CSP2+. Strangely, it sounds a lot better than the CD player connected directly to the CSP2+.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Hank
Verified Member

Re: UNSUNG FEATURE OF MINI TORII - OUTPUT JACKS
Reply #1 - 09/07/12 at 22:07:09

Hi, Jim

I'm not fully understanding the output function. If you want to drive the CSP2 or another amp, do the speakers need to stay connected to the MINI?

Normally, I wouldn't expect you could power up an amp without a speaker load.

Regards,
Hank

Decware SE84DIY amp; TABOO; CSP2; ZenHead; Mini TORII SE-X; SE84CKC SuperZen
Visonik HIFI DD-8300 Turntable; Bellari Tube Phono Preamp; Technics SL-PD5 CD Player
Trapezium Desktop Speakers; Tekton 8.1en Speakers; Grado SR60i phones
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/08/12 at 01:41:33

I've always kept the speakers connected. I turned down the volume controls nearly all the way and let the CSP2+ handle the amplification for the headphones. The output jacks are designed to drive another amp or something else, with the speakers connected.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
erik2a3
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/29/12 at 20:07:06

The line level output is taken off the opt via a dropping resistor.  It's an extremely useful feature, and one I have added in the past with other amplifiers.  I used it from day one to drive a subwoofer amp.

Have fun!
erik
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print