Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 02:16:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Compatability with SS (Read 10123 times)
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

Compatability with SS
07/16/12 at 16:40:29

Is this pre compatible with Solid Stare amps?
What should i be looking in matching?
Thank you

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Compatability with SS
Reply #1 - 07/16/12 at 16:46:51

Oh yes, very compatible with solid state amps. Ive used it with two. The way that this can be adjusted I think as far as "what to look for" use it with the best amp you have or can have. Smiley

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
setamp
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 07/16/12 at 19:20:07

I am using my csp2+ with a ss beta22 headphone amp while waiting for my taboo.  It sounds great.

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #3 - 07/16/12 at 21:36:17

I've not heard a SS amp that didn't benefit from a (good) tube pre driving it---
don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
coroling
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/07/13 at 11:02:08

Sorry this is the first time that I joinned this forum discustions. I have a csp2 that I bought used from my friend And I've been using it sparingly with tube and ss amp with fantastic results. I'm using high power amps to drive my martin logans. The csp2 and the Krell fpb300 is a very good combination in my system and loving every minute of it.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #5 - 01/07/13 at 13:58:22

coroling, welcome to the forum!!!!  Now that you've broken the ice, you can keep posting.

I as well use the CSP2 with SS for speaker break in. During the day I might sneak in my listening room for a quick listen, without the CSP2 most of the crappy SS amps I have would be unlistenable for even one or two songs.

The CSP2 just makes it sing....

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
coroling
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 01/07/13 at 15:56:49

The csp2 was upgraded by me, I replaced all the stock caps and replaced the signal caps with mundorf silver oil and coupled them with duelands. The power supply was replaced with JJ electrolytic and coupled with mundorf supreme. Lastly I replaced the potentiometer with gold point attenuator. I encountered hum on the left channel so I sent the unit to Steve and problem was fixed, now it sounding great. I could not ask for more.

IP Logged
pann56

Reply #7 - 12/06/13 at 17:40:41

does anyone have experience using CSP2 with First Watt  F3 amplifier ??

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print