Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 17:39:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone have these in NYC? (Read 15182 times)
Rita Rodriguez
Verified Member

Anyone have these in NYC?
05/01/12 at 17:57:46

I would love to give them a test run.  Although I need to buy a CSP2 first to go with my taboo I have been highly interested in these speakers for well over a year.  With my wallets and paycheck being the only barrier  [smiley=10.gif]

IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Re: Anyone have these in NYC?
Reply #1 - 05/02/12 at 02:23:04

Rita,

The closest is in Elmont NY. on Long Island....

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/02/12 at 13:41:03

I drove my TRAPEZIUMS with a TABOO alone without any problem.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 05/02/12 at 18:29:18

Rita, Hubert in NY is going to try to get in touch or post something on the forum as soon as he joins. Thanks Hubert!

The Taboo does drive them well without the CSP doesn't it? It really surprises me how well the SE84C+ driver the Trapeziums. It's like a match made in heaven.

I set them up on stands, fairly near field and realize I'm probably just at the verge of clipping, but I can get it loud enough to really enjoy them. If you were an apartment dweller and had to be cognizant  of your neighbors, i don't know of a better way to enjoy music late at night than with this set up. And you would never have to worry about that knock on the door at 2AM.

Just a thought.
Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/03/12 at 01:10:55

I agree. IMO, the Trapeziums work really well with the SE84C+.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/03/12 at 03:23:55

It may now be revealed that I have just purchased a used Z-STAGE on the Audiogon site. When that arrives it will be connected to my SE84C+ and TRAPEZIUMS and look out!

This is the same combination that I had a lengthy session with up at DECFEST last year. I am looking forward to holographic walls of sound to emanate from my desk top.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
HPDJ

Reply #6 - 05/05/12 at 06:45:49

Hello all!

I wanted to copy and paste some impressions I sent to Bob Z. via email about the fantastic Trapezium speakers. I hope that's ok...I will post more impressions about them as I continue to learn more and more about them and the gear I have feeding them (Mini Torii included) Smiley

I feel selfish hoarding the Trap's for myself, they continue to surprise me and delight me! I recently got my old Denon turntable up and running with a new cartridge...it had all this gunk and mold (yuck) on it, but it's running clean and great right now and I've had a bunch of hand-me-down vinyl that I've finally gotten a chance to listen to and it's sounding GREAT with the Traps! I'm discovering that some vinyl sounds better than others, so when I'm getting tons of static and hiss I know it's not the speakers. I'm finding that they are very honest speakers that can SLAM when I need them to (and I listen to hip hop and rock sometimes) and be quite and intimate as well with some classical etc.

Today I put on a record I have of Swan Lake and it was wonderful! As I said though, my millage has varied depending on what LP I have on (and I'm slowly going through all of them) but the other day........I put on an Ella Fitzgerald record and OMG!!! As soon as it started I smiled and had a big grin on my face the whole time I listened! It was special stuff...I felt like I could like, see her singing in a way...I got such a great feel for the vibe of the music and I couldn't stop tapping my feet and moving around!...She was coming through SO clearly and the brass and the strings...it all sounded SO great....wish all my music could sound that good and clear....it's pretty great to be listening to vinyl through my desktop rig...at night I put on my LCD 2 headphones and they give a clear and honest output just like the Traps!

And here is one more excerpt Smiley

I can't believe I'm the only person in NY with these! Space is so limited here and the Trap's have such a full sound in my room...New Yorker's would love these things...I never really need to go past the half way mark on the volume on my Mini Torii in here. That's plenty loud....I do push the limit's of volume use though sometimes. There was a night, when I'd just gotten the Mini T. and it was real late...I was playing some Led Zeppelin, one of their live albums and I kept turning the volume up more and more, so surprised that the sound was clear and the instruments just kept sounding bigger and bigger as the volume increased!...soon enough, my poor roommate started shouting over the noise to get my attention and I realized that I'd gotten very carried away! I should have just opened my door and went, "Do you hear that? Doesn't it sound like there is a concert in my room? Isn't that awesome?!" haha. I of course had to apologize to him, and continued my experimenting with the whole system in general mostly during the day when folks were away at work Wink One day I will have a dedicated music room!

More to come!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 05/05/12 at 14:42:19

You need to keep getting the word out. These speakers are big beyond their size and are a value beyond their price.

55   IP Logged
markv

Reply #8 - 05/05/12 at 16:57:41

Hi RR -

Do you prefer the Trapeziums with the SE84c+ or the Taboo?  We'd all like to hear your impressions of the SE84c+ and the ZStage you just acquired.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 05/05/12 at 23:50:10

I already posted my impressions about the experience I had with the SE84C+ the ZSTAGE and the TRAPEZIUMS up at DECFEST 2011. That is why I bought the ZSTAGE.

I believe that the TRAPEZIUMS do well with either amp, the TABOO or the SE84C+. However, they speakers are 4 OHM impedance, which lends them better with the SE84C+. You get that ZEN magic when using the SE84C+.

55   IP Logged
alacratstore2
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/02/12 at 13:20:58

Still not having but thinking about to buy the one. How is the working of CSP2 and also price? What do you think are they affordable as per their quality? Please suggest!!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 10/02/12 at 16:06:37

If I understand you correctly, you're asking about the CSP2 (CSP2+)?

I have both a CSP2 and a CSP2+ and they are remarkable preamps. I can't comment on their headphone amp capabilities and I've never used them with headphones (my CSP2 was built without a headphone jack). But they are very flexible as far as gain adjustment and without an output transformer there is a clarity that I have not heard in other preamps. My CSP2+ is exceptionally clear, I think due in part to the stepped attenuator option.

These are indeed definitely a big value for the dollars. And a beautiful machine to look at as well.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print