04/24/24 at 19:35:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
zcd 200i (Read 4830 times)
jameskk
Seasoned Member

zcd 200i
04/25/12 at 20:58:42

Ive had the zcd200i now for about 6 months  along with the full array of decware equipement from the zen amp and 2 zen selects  and csp2+ to the torii mkiii amp. speakers are the fantastic audio nirvana super cast 10 in the 2.8 enclosures. excellent for these small amps. until recently i was only just so,so about the cd player. lately though, since i suppose the player finally broke in its been very impressive . this may take 200 hours to break in . now i bought the rega dac for the other system i have with the marantz sacd player . and in using it with the zcd i found only that the rega gave the wood instruments more of a wood sound and brass ,more of a brass sound . I feel the zcd had greater dynamics and depth.I was able to go back and forth with the zcd and tascam with the rega. connected to the csp2+, and beyerdynamics 770pro phones. first time ive been able to listen with phones on through a whole cd,BTW. if you own any of these amps or cd players  give them ample breakin time , in 36 years ive never heard better,for so little. everyday theses systems amaze!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: zcd 200i
Reply #1 - 04/25/12 at 22:23:51

Thanks for weighing in. Yes, I'm a firm believer in "break in". . . I read of skeptics and I just think "can't they hear the changes?"

Decware products are such great "bang for buck" items. Congrats on having such enjoyment from your system!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/12 at 18:06:03

thanks lon . just hsve to give credit,where credits due . i just want to mention that 2 of my amps survived a fire with more water and dirt damage than anything , cleaned them up and let sit for months drying out and now work perfect. show what kind of equipment decware makes. disaster proof!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 04/27/12 at 19:06:20

Well you can take credit for the enjoyment. :)

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/02/12 at 11:31:09

further thought .Now that the zcd200i is what i consider fully broken in , i can report that the new rega dac has nothing on the zcd 200i . it takes awhile for this cd player to come of age ,but when it does ,you'll know what I mean . its excellent!!!!  :)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print