03/29/24 at 16:14:38 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
zbox with oppo95? (Read 7270 times)
JD
Seasoned Member

zbox with oppo95?
03/22/12 at 14:01:15

Anyone out there run an oppo 95 through the zbox into the torii? Planning on running the oppo 95 direct to the torii but wondered if anyone has done this previously and if the results warranted a try?

thanks
JD

IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Re: zbox with oppo95?
Reply #1 - 03/22/12 at 14:25:49

I would try it. Zbox is passive so shouldn't have any degradation effect. Plus easy enough to change if you don't like it.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 03/22/12 at 14:40:57

I'd try it too. Though. . . there's a possibility of hum. I get hum, loud hum, when i use the ZBox with a Torii, as speakerfritz has noted there's a tendency with the higher powered amps. I can manage it when a CSP2 is in the system by adjusting the gain on that and lowering the "volume" on the ZBox, but it may be problematic without a CSP2.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/22/12 at 15:45:05

Yeah I've heard that there is a possibility of a hum.  Steve suggested going right into the Torii (Torii is still about 8-9 weeks away) but I am intrigued by this ZBOX.  May get one and run my marantz 2275 through it just not sure how my marantz could sound any smoother. Just really excited about DECWARE it's mission and the people behind it so I feel like a kid in a candy store with a limited budget ha ha.

ps Lon you listen to some dynamite tunes.

JD

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 03/22/12 at 16:44:52

I had a similar Marantz receiver (lower watts, 25) and although I gave it to my brother before I ever had a ZBox, the way that the ZBox has improved every source I've used it with, I bet it would improve the sound of the source into the Marantz and make it sound pretty darned good.

But if it's a second system that doesn't have to have the best sound it may not be worth the investment (and the wait?)

Thanks about the music, I've a huge collection and pretty broad taste, and I really enjoy the excess and the sound from the system! You're going to love the Torii.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/22/12 at 18:18:53

I agree Lon the Marantz running through a zbox into the torii sounds like a winning combo.  I am planning on picking up a pair of the ERR's in early May (hoping for June/July delivery) so the summer will sound sweet.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 03/22/12 at 19:39:20

Oh man Torii-ERR is a winning combo!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print