Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 20:51:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What Speakers are you using with your 84zs? (Read 9086 times)
Casey
Verified Member

What Speakers are you using with your 84zs?
02/12/12 at 03:41:04

I have tried mine with Audio Note E's (HE model), Penaudio Rebel 3's and Frugel-Horn Mk3's.  Think the fullranger Frugelhorn is preferred in my small room although the Audio Notes are pretty seductive with simple music and particularly at low volumes.

This amp seems like it might be picky about what speaker it dances with - what are you using and how does it sound?

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: What Speakers are you using with your 84zs?
Reply #1 - 02/12/12 at 12:59:41

I do not think the amp is being picky; the speakers are. I have used mine with little TRAPEZIUMS and although you need to turn the volume in many instances all the way up. the amp performs well enough to fill a smaller room. With MG944's the amp gets a lot louder.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Jon

Reply #2 - 02/14/12 at 17:45:24

I have paired Audio Nirvana Super 12's with my ZS.

IP Logged
Casey
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/16/12 at 00:33:07

thanks for the feedback.  Guess the other question that would be interesting to me would be what speaker would you love to have to pair with the 84zs.  Have been reading more about decware amps and small horns and sounds intriguing if you have right sized room.

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/16/12 at 20:22:21

AvantGarde Duos

Wayne Parnam's corner horns (Seven Pi)

Small room, horn options: Three Pi are worth a look, don't let the low price fool you.  

I use old refurbed Klipsch forte II in a small room, and they are simply amazing.

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 02/26/12 at 15:02:36

hey Jon what cabinets do you have the AN12's in. I have the 12's in 2.8's and 10's also in 2.8's, just want to know your thoughts on the 12's and cabinet selection. use 2, 3inch ports Smiley

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/06/12 at 03:37:19

any speaker with a 95spl/w/m will do quite well . i found the audio nirvana drivers to foot the bill quite well ,especially for the price,and if your handy building cabinets. Maybe i should'nt say this with so many Decware speakers available,however you can really build a nice set of speakers for around 500.00. single driver no crossover efficient enough to be driven by 1.5 watts,of which are the best ive heard. priceless!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print