Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:40:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii Mark III review now in Tone Audio issue 41 (Read 536 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Torii Mark III review now in Tone Audio issue 41
11/16/11 at 14:42:58

The Tone Audio Issue 41 came out last night and the Mark III is reviewed in it.  Go to the Audio Hardware section of the Steve Hoffman Music Forums for the link.

It got a great review!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Torii Mark III review now in Tone Audio issue
Reply #1 - 11/16/11 at 15:14:55

Here's the link: http://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_041.pdf

A decent review. I seem to hear more differences between output tubes than Jeff does. Maybe that's because I don't have the bass controls to dial in that aspect and therefor maximize each tube choice? Who knows. Anyway, I hope this brings attention to Decware from sources not previously aware of Decware. I think it might.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
KimKman
Ex Member

Re: Torii Mark III review now in Tone Audio issue 41
Reply #2 - 11/16/11 at 15:57:00

I am just happy I have my order in for a new Mark III. Do think the attention is great and hoping all goes well at HQ filling orders.  Looking over some of the equipment elsewhere in the magazine has me a happy camper.  Found true value for my dollars with all my Decware equipment.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 11/17/11 at 19:09:17

Decent review indeed. However, I was dissapointed in the fact that no reference was made to pentodes operating in pentode operation with no negative feedback. This is an unique and important aspect of this Amplifier! I believe Steve's words were, with the Henry Chokes.....a Race Car running full throttle that you have to bridel! Not an easy feat or inexpensive to do!  Anyway, the failure to mention this in his review is a gross oversight IMHO.  My 2 cents.

Stone of Tone

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Gopher
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/20/11 at 01:21:36

Decent review and kind of cool to hear the opinions of someone who mated it with uber gear, but TBH I'm not sure that if I didn't know the amp, I would have walked away with a good idea of how it sounded or a highly piqued interest to own one.

Maybe thats what happens when reviewers leave the hyperbole out--but yes.  A decent review in deed and I'm glad the Torii is getting some positive recognition (after mine is already secured here).  Since mating mine with an Audion preamplifier, I have been tickled pink.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print