Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:48:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone ever hear this Integrated? (Read 8456 times)
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Anyone ever hear this Integrated?
11/10/11 at 20:29:04

I believe this Amp now retails for $5995. My point in bringing this up-is it would be nice to make a comparison head to head with the Torii Mk III. After about a year with the III, I am going to see if I can find someone that owns it through (for example) the Audio Society of MN or other means/sites, even if I had to drive a few hours.

I am also surprised that a reviewer site like 6moons or positive feedback has NOT reviewed the Torii Mk III, but both have reviewed this Amplifier.  6moons reviewed the Taboo? Here is hoping for Tone Audio 41 too.

"The $5495 Leben CS-600 is the most powerful Leben integrated at approximately 30 watts. The CS-600 was developed at the insistence of Leben customers who wanted the Leben signature sound in a more powerful integrated amplifier to drive their less sensitive loudspeakers. Hyodo San designed the appearance to be similar to the CS-300X with the intention that this style of appearance would become symbolic of Leben's integrated amplifiers.

The first stage of amplification in the CS-600 uses the twin-triode 6CS7, and a 6CJ3 rectifier provides a slow turn-on of the B-voltage to the power tubes. The CS-600 includes cathode-resistor and plate-voltage switches inside the chassis to optimize it for a variety of different output tubes. For example, with 6L6GC tubes in place, the CS600 provides 32-watts of output, and 28-watts with the EL34. The CS-600 comes stock with 6L6GC output tubes; but 5881, EL34, KT77, 6L6GB, 350B, KT66, KT88, and 6550A can also be used".

Stone of Tone

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
kana813
Seasoned Member

Re: Anyone ever hear this Integrated?
Reply #1 - 11/11/11 at 04:05:14

I sent my TORII MK III back for a refund after I heard the Leben CS 600 on my speakers. I ordered one immediately.

BTW- the current retail on the CS 600 is $6495.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 11/11/11 at 04:54:51

Prices always go up right? Demand increase too of course........ .

How long did you have your Torii MK III? How long have you had the Leben CS 600? What do you like best by comparison about the  600?

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
kana813
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/11/11 at 07:01:44

I had the TORII for the 30 trial period, ran it 24/7 to get it up to speed.

The CS 600 I compared it to was my local dealer's demo unit with Mullard EL 34s.

The Leben has a lower noise floor, greater dynamic range and better bass control. I'll probably get the matching phono section next year.

I do appreciate Decware for helping me get back into tubes.

IP Logged
walt
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/15/11 at 16:08:10

All components of a system must be considered as a whole and they must play together to work well together.  I would never expect my Torii to be a perfect math for every speaker.  The Leben, from what I know of it, is being made by a designer that has a clear vision of what he wants his product to be.  So give him credit for the design.  I do not think it is a revolutionary product but well executed nonetheless.  I can see many scenarios where a stiff power supply with feedback would allow greater control with a lot of speakers.  Don't consider this damming praise. The Leben is a beautiful piece.
Walt

IP Logged
kana813
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/15/11 at 18:44:20

I'm sure Mr. Taku Hyodo appreciates your praise. Cool

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #6 - 11/16/11 at 05:59:42

I couldn't agree more Walt. My tonal balance priorities with my addiction to even order harmonic's with no negative feedback in both Amps I'll be using/Zen Select (2001) and the Torii III....is for me.

Mr. Hyodo is to be admired as is Mr. Deckert.

Stone of Tone

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
kana813
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/04/11 at 02:25:17

Finally got my CS600 after a two month wait.

Sounds even better in in my listening room than the demo
unit on my speakers at my dealer. Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print