Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 12:35:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DECFEST - TRAPEZIUMS REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL (Read 3704 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

DECFEST - TRAPEZIUMS REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
10/14/11 at 00:30:03

While at DECFEST I connected a pair of Trapeziums to an SE84C+ and heard magic. This was through a Z-DAC connected to a USB, which in turn was connected to the computer. It was at an open desk in the middle of the room. I have to say that these speakers, which were undoubtedly broken in by the time of this listening session, were awesome indeed. They have all the presence and detail of their big brothers, while laying on a desk top.

Some time later I connected a CSP2 into the mix and the sound reached a deeper level with considerable weight and authority, all from little boxes sitting on top of a desk. If you weren't  looking at them you would swear that you were hearing larger speakers. They are that good.

Then we substituted a Z-Stage for the CSP2 and while we achieved the same weight and authority, there was increased clarity. The TRAPEZIUMS make the computer monitor disappear.

I listened to these for a long time and this reaffirmed the versatility and desirability of this concept. I love mine here at my office. As a result of this session I broke down and bought the little Zen demo I had been using. I am interested in A/B'ing it with my TABOO and TRAPS

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print