Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 07:47:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trapezium binding posts (Read 9375 times)
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Trapezium binding posts
08/30/11 at 02:53:33

I just received my Trapeziums. Good build and good looks. They feel larger in person, but I have a relatively small desktop (29.5" D x 48" W).

I was not expecting these binding posts, and I did not read about them in the literature. I was almost of out luck for listening tonight. I do not have any bare speaker wire around. My aftermarket locking bananas on my Zen Styx did not fit. Spades are not compatible. Fortunately, I did have another set of Zen Styx with the standard silver bananas. They did fit, but it is tight.

They sound good out of the box. They are better than my Tivoli Model 10, but that is to be expected. Right now, I running them with my NAD 314 int amp. I have an SE84C+, but I will not try it on them until after several hundred hours.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Re: Trapezium binding posts
Reply #1 - 08/30/11 at 03:12:37

Apparently, I am no good at posting images in this thread. Here is a link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67007897@N08/6095304088/

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/30/11 at 12:10:26

I, too, found that the standard bananas on my existing speaker wire fit in the binding posts tight, but allright.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 09/15/11 at 17:50:11

On another speaker project, I had a similar problem. But the binding posts were made in China. They had a smaller hole that I couldn't fit regular sized bananas in. Is this what you are talking about? I have also seen these on Chinese T amps.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/16/11 at 14:17:59

The binding post is a "spring loaded" push in type. You push down on the top and the holes line up so that you can push in the banana plug or bare wire.  I was hoping for a binding post that would accept bare wire, bananas, and spades. I do not know where they are made, and it worked out in the end because I had a spare set of Decware's speaker cable.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 09/16/11 at 14:19:43

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/19/11 at 20:12:34

I think it has been several hundred hours with my new speakers, and these little wonders will be staying with me for the long haul.

They are performing very well. I am using them now with my SE84C+.  I have also taken this opportunity to simplify my system as well.

I am using a Sony XA5400ES for CDs. I am using the headphone out socket of my TV for over the air digital TV and DVD (hdmi from DVD to TV). I also get my favorite local jazz from the TV as well. The amp, DVD, and CD player are running through a PS Audio P500 power plant.

Again...great speakers. I am very satisfied.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print