Tone Audio Blog (Read 843 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Tone Audio Blog
08/30/11 at 00:42:38

http://www.tonepublications.com/blog/the-decware-zen-torii-is-simply-amazing/

Anyone with a TORII is welcome to add their comment to this blog!!!

Thanks,

Steve Deckert

WWW   IP Logged
Morganc

Re: Tone Audio Blog
Reply #1 - 08/30/11 at 07:11:41

Thanks Steve and congratulations.   I just placed my order for a Tori a few days ago and can't wait to hear it:)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 10/11/11 at 18:06:45

Well, issue #40 is out and no Torii review as promised. Now he says it will be in #41. I'm disappointed.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/11/11 at 18:28:48

Disappointed for reading material, and it would be great for Decware to get that review, but we can console ourselves by going back to listening to the Toriis we already have.

And on the plus side for us Floyd nuts, they wrote a bunch of words about the new PF material. Wink

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
kana813
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/11/11 at 19:28:14

Tone Audio is all about selling advertising, not the reading material.

Steve probably makes more sales at Zen Fest than he'll ever get from a Tone Audio review.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 10/11/11 at 20:26:27

Maybe. I think Tone Audio will introduce Decware to some who have never really heard or read a detailed account of their product. That's what I'm looking forward to, knowing it's a positive review on the horizon.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Gopher
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/12/11 at 14:43:16

It doesn't lessen our enjoyment of the product, no.  But it would also give a great deal of perspective as to where it really falls in the grand scheme of things.

Jeff's system is an uber rig IIRC, like a $100k+ number.  It is particularly interesting hearing how this thing does with state of the art gear that was previously driven by money not an object amp/preamp separates.

Also, as a reviewer he has access to a lot of equipment most normal consumers (even with friends in the industry) just don't.  He was able to suggest 4 preamplifiers for me (two sub $1000) all of which had built in phono and are supposed to have a great synergy with the Torii.  That is something I've been having difficulty finding on my own.

So I am legitimately interested in the substance of his review.  I already own it and have formed my own opinions--I'm hoping he has some insight that can take things to even a higher level.

IP Logged
kana813
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/19/11 at 22:36:02

From Tone Audio on the TORII MK.III review:

"Sorry, we got bogged down a bit with the new puppy!  It's going to Steve Deckert for fact check tomorrow and will be in issue #41, which will be out in about three weeks.  We're adding an extra issue this year (rec components) so we didn't plan our time as well as we'd have liked to!

But it's right on the horizon...

Thank you for your patience!"

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print