Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 11:15:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greetings from Holland (Read 8477 times)
nico

Greetings from Holland
08/05/11 at 20:58:05

Hello to you all. The Decware virus has spread in The Netherlands too....
My name is Nico Rolvers and I'm living in The Netherlands [yes, the land of wooden shoes..].
I'd like to say "hello" first and after some more reading here ,tell you about how and why I ended up with a "ZEN" amplifier much too late in life....[and ofcourse I can use some good advice on some matters].
For now; greetings from this side of the pond!  :)
Nico

IP Logged
Rollin
Verified Member

Re: Greetings from Holland
Reply #1 - 08/06/11 at 06:24:37

Welcome!

-- Decware Torii #14 --
Speakers:Turning Point Audio HR-ONE's in Red
  IP Logged
nico

Reply #2 - 08/06/11 at 07:58:30

Thank you, nice to be here.
In the past few days and evenings I've spend alot of time reading the articles [all of them] Mr. Steve Deckert wrote [just couldn't stop reading].
It made me feel humble and at the same time understood...
Please let me explain that a bit; since the age of 12 ,I've been reading about music reproduction, building loudspeakers, modding amps, experimenting with wires, acoustics and building professional car audio.
If you ask me what made me doing so I'd say it would be "that first pair of loudspeakers". Just realized it was hooked up to a very old turntable and a even older Trio tube-amp.....It made such a huge impact, that over the next 35 years I have spend a enormous amount of time,money and energy to recapture a better [natural] sound in the car and at home.
Then 8 years, ago after the birth of my first son, I slowly gave up on the car-audio and joined the "Phoenix Gold Phorum" as Nico boom to not completely loose feeling with it.  
There are many funny stories to be told of that car audio period, including a European championship thanks to the "LESS IS MORE" approach!
I will conclude for now, telling that yesterday I re-lived that "first loudspeaker feeling" of 35 years ago again for the first time.....listening to my just arrived "ZEN" amp playing on the La Scala's. Maybe this amp is the cure for that craving, and the start to listening. Smiley
Compliments to YOU Mr. Steve Deckert !
Nico

IP Logged
mac5u
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/06/11 at 23:20:19

Welcome to the Decware forums, Nico.  Great to have you here.  

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 08/07/11 at 03:00:32

Nico,
 Sounds you and I could have been brothers. I was struck by audio very long ago, and it has remained in my life ever since. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything else that I can think of. It seems that after too many years of seeking, we find what we really like. Decware is one of very few sites that I have been interested in enough to follow for a long time. I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
nico

Reply #5 - 08/07/11 at 21:26:42

Hi; nice beeing here, thanks.
You like car-audio.... I think you'll like it to take a look here.
http://phoenixphorum.com/
It's a forum which main goal is to preserve the legacy of the hand-build Phoenix Gold amps of the 90's, while at the same time helping people to understand more about the technical stuff related to good car-installs.[and more].
I was invited when Tom [the owner ]started it ,and we have some history together. He also visits us when he's in The Netherlands ,usually once a year, and stays over for a few days with his wife.
Anyway; thanks for your welcoming words, and we'll have a chat about audio more than once I guess... Wink
Nico

IP Logged
nico

Reply #6 - 08/14/11 at 08:55:05

A small peek of some projects for those interested.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66295610@N06/

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print