Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:30:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HDT's Finished ! - pics (Read 8957 times)
SoundBound
Verified Member

HDT's Finished ! - pics
07/29/11 at 20:55:19

I enjoy seeing other's finishes on the HDTs.  So here are mine.  Finally finished.  Well, actually they were finished some time ago however, the final aesthetic details were only finished now.  The last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time!

It took me awhile to finally design the end result that I wanted on these speakers.  I think I have an end product now that is different and that I find appealing.  You can see the legs I installed to raise the HDTs drivers closer to ear level, would have liked to raise them even higher but it would have looked awkward.

The system setup is still a bit messy, sorry, working on new components and will wait until they are done before cleaning up the placement of components and cables.

Hope you enjoy the pics.
Soundbound

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: HDT's Finished ! - pics
Reply #1 - 07/29/11 at 21:05:08

Really nice work! I think they look GREAT! I bet they sound really good as well. . . .

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 07/30/11 at 00:07:36

Those are beautiful SoundBound. Congrats on the very nice work. Like Lon, I suspect they sound great.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
SoundBound
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 07/30/11 at 02:20:17

Thanks Lon and Pale Rider,

The HDTs do sound great, despite my less than optimal placement (too close to the back wall in my opinion and a bit too near field, but that is my room at this point).  As I mentioned, I have had them for quite some time now, but without all the burgundy accent pieces, grill, legs, etc.  They are still using the original DFR8s, though I added the additional foam surround.  Probably would sound even better with the newer DFR8s but having to go through another break in period would be tough.

They are efficient speakers, sound great on very low wattage, but they sure do shine when you give them some 'juice'.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/30/11 at 02:23:31

I cranked up the ERRs tonight. Just awesome.

Your pics should go into a customer pics gallery. These are such a different look for the HDTs that it couldn't help but advance their and Decware's cause.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Kaloyanr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/10/11 at 02:18:39

Very nice  [smiley=50.gif]

IP Logged
Pages: 1