04/16/24 at 06:50:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fuse type (Read 11307 times)
Lacee
Verified Member

Fuse type
07/06/11 at 02:33:56

The manual states 3 amp 20mmx5mm fuse, GMA,and in another post a reader says to use a fast blo fuse,is this correct?
Thank you,
Lacee

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Fuse type
Reply #1 - 07/06/11 at 03:50:52

FAST BLOW - meaning that if something happens the transformers won't be burned up.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lacee
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 07/06/11 at 18:58:31

Thank you very much.

IP Logged
Lacee
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 07/13/11 at 05:24:41

Well I just listened to my system with the new HiFI tuning Supreme fuse, and I am impressed.

There is an increase in inner detail, more clarity and added depth and punch to the bass.

Sounds too good to be real?
Are you intrigued or a sceptic?

The cost may seem high compared to what the amp sells for,but this fuse made a bigger improvemnt in the sound than any of the tube swapping I've done so far.

If you are the type of person who likes to swap tubes, do some modding, or just likes to tinker, this fuse is for you.

Years ago I followed Peter Aczel and substituted the speaker protection fuses in an Amber amp as he suggested and in my pair of Mission 770 speakers at that time with solid copper wire(Romex with a bit of the insulation shaved from both ends,moddeled after a reg.fuse).

There was no going back.
I did this for every amp or speaker that had such protection and never blew any amps or drivers.

When the IsoCleans came out I tried them, and they were an improvemnt over stock fuses and offered the protection that my DIY fuses did not.

Now after trying the Supreme Hifi fuses, I can state that they are well worth the money they are asking.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 07/13/11 at 14:14:58

Interesting! Thanks for sharing your observations.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 07/13/11 at 19:43:13

6 Moons Review of IsoClean Fuses

Stereophile Mention of Supreme HiFi Fuses

I have been reading a lot about these as well. Granted, it's hard not to believe that tiny fuse elements won't affect the power your 5000 gauge power cord is delivering, but I'm still a skeptic on this one. But, if you and your wallet are in need of new territory, Music Direct has a good selection of the newer black ones.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Lacee
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 07/24/11 at 00:51:40

I've always kept an open mind.

In the past 40 years at this hobby, with numerous gear,one thing I've learned is that I still have much to learn.

Thirty years ago I tried the fuse bypass suggested by Peter Aczel. Iused an Amber 70 amp, and I had Mission 770 speakers at the time.

The sound was cleaner bypassing the fuses.

This is what I found with the IsoCleans(in different gear)and now the HiFi Supreme fuse in my DecWare amp is also an improvement.

To my ears,the fuse matters as much as anything else in our systems.

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 09/29/12 at 12:51:08

for 50 bucks does the fuse have a lifetime guarentee like the amp does Tongue

IP Logged
Brett

Reply #8 - 10/11/12 at 02:00:38

By design the fuse is the weakest point in the AC power delivery system. It's also susceptible to resonance. And cheap fuses are very cheaply made.

I'm still dismayed that a power cord would matter, yet it does. So, it doesn't seem like such a stretch that a fuse upgrade would make for an audible improvement.

I had the same experience with hifi tuning fuses. I put one in my DAC too and saw an improvement there as well. All around better sound. Detail, dynamics, ease. Fingers crossed that they never need be replaced.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print