Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 19:31:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZenStyx Speaker Cables (Read 7201 times)
kana813
Ex Member

ZenStyx Speaker Cables
06/12/11 at 20:17:06

Posted this question in the cable support forum, and sent an email to Steve, but haven't gotten any response.

In the ZenStyx's product description it says:

"These cables have the advantage of being able to be run as separate conductors spaced apart so that there is no magnetic interaction between the positive and negative."

What spacing of positive and negative runs should be used to prevent magnetic interaction?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: ZenStyx Speaker Cables
Reply #1 - 06/13/11 at 02:09:47

I don't have any true knowledge. . . but it can't be more than just a few inches between the cables. Can it?

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/13/11 at 16:36:20

I cannot imagine that it should be. I have been thinking about this as well as I start think about exactly where my speakers will go, and how I will run the cables.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
kana813
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/13/11 at 18:29:27

Since it's mentioned in the product's description, one would think that the cable would come with some installation instructions about the proper spacing.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 06/13/11 at 18:38:16

I've had the two legs of cables separated by an inch or two, and not (not braided, but just not not touching in part) and I confess I've noticed no particular difference.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #5 - 06/13/11 at 22:58:55

If I did my math right, and I usually do, they should be seperated by 4.224" or 107.2896 MM. The magnetic resonance of a average 2.2 Mhz signal is 74 Zbw * wdb. If you think it through, it becomes obvious I don't even have a clue about this and made some shit up to mess with you.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
kana813
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/17/11 at 19:38:46

Got an email from Steve, he said - 1 inch spacing is usually adequate at modest power levels.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print