Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:17:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
me too, happy to be here (Read 17542 times)
Raduschka
Seasoned Member

me too, happy to be here
04/22/11 at 03:00:38

_MG_3233 par raduschka

_MG_3229 par raduschka, sur Flickr

_MG_3053 par raduschka, sur Flickr

_MG_3039 par raduschka, sur Flickr

_MG_3031 par raduschka, sur Flickr

mini t par raduschka, sur Flickr

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: me too, happy to be here
Reply #1 - 04/22/11 at 04:17:37

hmmm, i see that you own the same cd player as i do. i wouldnt part with mine for nothin, but it does hiss sometimes. really, i'm not kiddin. sometimes when i touch it, instead of sound, a hiss comes from the output. so, i have placed a big brass cone in front of it, and before i touch it, i touch the cone first to drain any static from me. pretty weird but true.....krow Shocked

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Raduschka
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/22/11 at 04:29:05

Mine never hisses, but the upsampler sometimes kicks in mono, or simply distorts the highs, so every time I pop a cd in I have to turn it off then on so as not to take any chances. I love it too, I don't want to part with it, although I am curious. What I find strange is that the tube output sounds exactly like the ss one, even on the Decware... How is that possible???
And isn't it just built like a tank? I would take it to the front

oh and the blue light you can read to.... I covered it a little.
Oh and the remote!

_MG_3238 par raduschka, sur Flickr

IP Logged
conner11
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/30/11 at 17:47:10

Amazing.

IP Logged
Raduschka
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/30/11 at 17:53:52

what Do you find amazing?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 06/30/11 at 19:05:05

I find it amazing you have your Mini Torii on top of your cd player.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Raduschka
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 06/30/11 at 19:10:33

haha, that would have been very hard to guess! It is no longer on top of it, but as far from it as the intorconnects allow. Although I cannot hear any difference and the cd-player is one heavy piece of metal, this configuration is theoretically better , although visually I am not so sure, I kinda liked them stacked that way. I should uplooad new pics, the monster is gone thank God, I replaced it with a ps duet and an isolation transformer.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 06/30/11 at 19:52:21

Really glad the isolation transformer and the Duet are an improvement for you. I was using that method for about three years or so. . .I just moved to a PS Audio Premier, which is an improvement.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Raduschka
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 06/30/11 at 19:58:57

all in due time,
for now I am happy with the power supply and I am returning to school to do my Phd, so I am supposed to be poor for a while before I get rich Smiley
i had a surprise last week when i listened to my tiny diy fostex cabinets. Although they were way less interesting than the official speakers in all categories (as expected, phew), they made stuff in the back of the soundstage sound as if it were really at a distance.  With my 10 inch alnicos I do get a clear sense of layering, but not such a clear sense of space and DISTANCE. A classic exemple: welcome to the machine, pink floyd, on wish you were here. The first 2 minutes or so, you get to hear the sound of the machine, and there is a clear sense of distance.
The small ones fire sound at you from around 50 cm above the ground, while the big ones fire at ear level. maybe that has smth to do with it?????

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 06/30/11 at 20:12:12

Definitely, concentrate on your schooling and no hurry to do anything further, I"m convinced you have excellent sound now.

It's amazing what differences speakers make, and such things as tweeter/driver height, etc. are significant. It's a fun hobby, as long as it doesn't drive you mad! (It drove me mad for a while, but I was not in a job I was happy in and my wife was ill, I was expecting too much).

IP Logged
Raduschka
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 06/30/11 at 20:19:33

I am sure we can drive ourselves mad with just about anything complex enough to fuel our obsession indefinitely Smiley I have started actually listening to music a while back, that is a few months after purchasing/building the new system. Especially after the ps came in! I see it as a source of pleasure.
i don't want to be a hungry ghost, you know, those creatures in buddhist lore with huge bellies and needle thin throats, always wanting more and never able to obtain satisfaction.
All I need now to be happy is a PhD Smiley
then I'll stop Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print