04/19/24 at 16:22:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
shorten box size (Read 9593 times)
kpax478
Ex Member

shorten box size
02/17/11 at 17:56:10

need help !! I will be building this enclosure this weekend but the size needed will be about 29" width will this affect the sound in any way. It will be going in the trunk of my daughter honda accord, my sub is a stereo integrity v1 mag d2 and mmats 800.1 amp. any suggestions.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: shorten box size
Reply #1 - 02/18/11 at 12:54:53

Kpax.

If you are talking about the 12" DBK-212 then it would would all depend on what driver you were going to use.  You might loose a few hertz in lower extension, but I highly doubt your daughter would notice. Plus the sliding baffle assembly will enable you to compensate for that unlike any other sub box out there.

If you're building the DBK-10 then its only 19" tall so you'ed be fine.

ZYGI

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Bart_West-VL.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/19/11 at 07:11:27

I wouldn't know about the DB212 but my regular DB for 10" drivers was too long (on purpose) And when I brought it back to the size it should be, it sounded noticeable better and a bit lower.
But that's just the other way around of what you are asking of course.
Here is the thread about that:
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1186436463/26#26

IP Logged
kpax478
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/20/11 at 05:44:34

Thanks for the reply. I made cuts at 29".5 so it would fit in the back of rear seat in her car(93 honda accord) do you believe 1 12" sub would sound better and go lower than 2 10" sub. I am using a SI mag v1 sub and a mmats 800.1 amp.

IP Logged
JustaBowla
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 10/27/16 at 22:36:38

I too have a length issue. My space is 31" at the max. I'm going to use 3/4"mdf, so my thought was whether or not it needed double thickness walls on the port end and maybe not quite double thick on the sealed end. It's that or loosing an inch from the chamber.

I have not bought the plans yet, still in the planning stages, so my thoughts are based on what I have seen in the photos. But I'm not going to pay for something that will not fit in my setup.

Will probably buy a couple 500w rms subs from Sundown to run with my 1000w rms Orion amp to put in it...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print