Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

How to adjust CSP2+
02/03/11 at 18:18:04

Quote:
Hi Steve,

My Taboo arrived today. I am very excited about owning both the CSP2+ and the Taboo.

How should I set the volume controls on each of the amps?

Would you set the Taboo's volume control to its maximum and let the CSP2+ be in control of the volume or the other way around

And what about the variable trim controls on the CSP2+. What would it's ideal setting be when connected to the Taboo.

Thanks,

Run the volume control on the Taboo wide open.  Set the volume control on the CSP2+ at the half way point.  Turn both input level controls to max.  Turn both output level controls to min.  Turn everything on and let it warm up a few minutes.  You will hear no sound.  Then slowly raise the output level controls until you reach a good listening level.  Your output controls are now set.  Use the volume on the CSP2+ from this point on to adjust levels.

- Steve Deckert

WWW   IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Re: How to adjust CSP2+
Reply #1 - 08/22/11 at 01:01:58

Ok I understand what you posted, thanks for that. I too, have a Taboo and a CSP2+. My source though, is usually my iMac playing Apple Lossless audio files.
When the DecGear is connected via analog audio out I still have a volume control in iTunes and other audio players, along with a software Equalizer.

Nothing I do with the EQ sounds as good as when I just turn the darn EQ off. Fiddle with it and I get mush, so off it goes.

But what about the software Volume control? Should I place it somewhere permanently and use the preamp volume? I guess I need to know if it acts as a second preamp?

Do you happen to know if the DAC Apple uses is any good?

BTW I have a friend who is a music addicted person but has always had off the shelf solid state stuff, he estimated my Taboo at 150 watts per channel. LOL. Practically had an aneurysm when I told him it was 6...

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
Juan Antonio

Reply #2 - 08/27/11 at 12:47:49

Damien, the volume control by software has to be set to max. (100%/0.0 dB).

IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/28/11 at 02:36:22

Thanks Juan, I am (obviously) new at this and appreciate all the help I can get  ;)

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
Juan Antonio

Reply #4 - 08/28/11 at 10:12:44

You're welcome.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print