Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 03:11:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84C+ customer review (Read 6078 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

SE84C+ customer review
02/01/11 at 13:41:03

Quote:
I figured I would post my impressions of this modest amp, since more reviews from "folks like me" certainly would have been helpful when I was trying to get myself to pull the trigger.

First of all, I am a complete entry-level owner.

I am using a Pioneer Elite DV59avi SACD, a Logitech Squeezebox, and a Pro Ject Debut III (Graham Slee 2 phono stage) as my sources and a pair of Klipsch KLF-20 speakers ~94db.

My speakers are in another room, about 30 feet from my amp. There is nothing special about my speaker cable, I am using modest RCA interconnects ( Acoustic Research from who knows where). Most everything in my setup was bought used.

I have owned my Zen for about 8 months now.

All that I can tell you is I am so deeply satisfied by this little tank. My initial impression, when replacing my old I retraced  with the Zen was that I had removed a matress from in  front of my speakers. It was dramatic. Over time, as I have settled in to the sound, my best attempt to explain the change is the difference between a room with two reading lamps in it, and a room full of glowing light.  

My room is probably not ideal by sound engineering standards, but there is definitely a sweet spot where the imaging really opens up to that holographic effect you read about.

This is the best purchase I have made in memory.

I had the amp serviced by Steve and can also attest to this end of the product/service provided by Decware.

I am very happy to have taken the plunge and have long-term plans of acquiring Decware speakers and perhaps the Torii.

Deeply satisfied.

WWW   IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: SE84C+ review Tone Audio Magazine
Reply #1 - 02/02/11 at 15:43:25

one day ill own one, and have time to listen to it  :'(

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: SE84C+ review Tone Audio Magazine
Reply #2 - 02/02/11 at 16:02:07

But. . . . that review was from our poster *impossible*, not Tone Audio!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: SE84C+ customer review
Reply #3 - 02/02/11 at 16:26:36

Thanks Lon...  I should pay more attention to what I'm doing!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print