03/28/24 at 10:55:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what is better?? (Read 9860 times)
stunna-box
Ex Member

what is better??
01/29/11 at 06:51:57

hey, im new to the horn loaded box's. im starting my home theater system... was into car systems..... whats the def. from the WO32 and the original WO??

IP Logged
Bart_West-VL.
Ex Member

Re: what is better??
Reply #1 - 01/29/11 at 07:56:37

WO is designed for car-audio
WO32 is for tight accurate bass at home

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #2 - 01/29/11 at 16:13:24

The WO32 is more of an audiophile type enclosure but can be used for music or HT with the correct woofer/subwoofer. Is it better than the WO36 for HT, I would haft to say no. The WO36 is an excellent choice for HT but will not have the clarity or crisp bass the WO32 can reproduce. On the other hand the WO36 will pound you like CHUCK NORRIS. I have heard both and would use either one for music and/or HT. It is really up to the listener to decide which is best for his or her set ups.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
stunna-box
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/30/11 at 04:06:32

Thanks for the help! i think im going to go with the WO32. does the driver matter all that much, iv seen lots of talk about it!! would it be worth the work to make the box fit 12's??  is so what would you have to do? or would the box stay the same size but just a little taller??

IP Logged
Bart_West-VL.
Ex Member

driver choice
Reply #4 - 01/30/11 at 08:10:25

Low Xmax and a qts of about .35

If you keep everything else exactly as the plan says, I guess you could get away with just the change of height.  :-/

Anyway, it's worth the try! Cool

IP Logged
stunna-box
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/30/11 at 16:48:53

i guess i'll see what happens!! thanks for the help!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 01/30/11 at 18:25:14

The WO32 should be left as is, for 10's.  If you want to do 12's you'll need the original wicked one and build it to the full 36 inch depth and increase the height by 2 inches.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
stunna-box
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/01/11 at 17:10:14

Well Thanks for the help!! i think im going to go with the original WO and throw some 12's in her and see how she does!! will post pic when i can!! Thanks Steve and everyone els!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print