Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 16:46:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Updated ZKIT-1 Schematic (Read 19355 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Updated ZKIT-1 Schematic
01/29/11 at 00:30:54

We are now shipping our ZKIT-1 with a new power transformer.  This power transformer is the same specifications as the old one, however the wire colors are slightly different so a new schematic has been issued.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/ZKIT1schematicrev2011.pdf

This transformer is custom made for us by Edcor USA and features a powder coated black wrinkle finish on the end bells and considerably longer leads.

WWW   IP Logged
RedHotChilli
Ex Member

Re: Updated ZKIT-1 Schematic
Reply #1 - 02/09/11 at 18:38:07

Steve,

I've just finished building my kit apart from the connection of the main power transformer. I have the new version of the 240 V transformer but what's on the schematic does not tally with what's on the PCB or the leads. I have a lue, brown and red wire for connection to the power socket and then yellow, green, red and blue wires for connection to the PCB.
On the PCB I have (in order) GRN, GRN, CHASSIS GROUND, GRN/YL, RED/YL, RED and RED.

What goes where?

Thanks,

Stewart

IP Logged
MikeZ@turningpointaudio
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/10/11 at 13:05:56

RedHotChilli-
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h340/Camelfraggle/IMG_0678.jpg
Here is a link to a picture of the wiring for my Zkit1. I had a black with red stripe wire, instead of a red and blue wire. I wired it up from the capacitors up, RED, RED, Black w/Red Stripe, Green w/White Stripe, GREEN, GREEN.
This is for the 120v wiring. Not sure if you are trying to hook up for 120v or 240v. Hope this helps you in some way.
Mike.

WWW   IP Logged
RedHotChilli
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/17/11 at 20:02:13

CamelFraggie,
Thanks. That did help. I had the wrong transformer - hence the confusion. All sorted now and sounding great. Smiley

IP Logged
Alan H
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/26/11 at 21:26:29

If you are revising - why not add the CCE mod to the schematic and supply the extra 2 capacitors?

IP Logged
hutchintheclutch
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/15/15 at 16:27:54

Steve-
What is the difference between the "custom built for [you]" power transformers and ones ordered directly from Edcor? I was under the impression none of this was supplied with the kit; just the board.

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 07/09/15 at 11:56:12

If you look back you will see that post was from 4 years ago.
From what I can tell, the board is the only thing still available as a "kit".
And the responses to the xxx KIT messages are few and far between.

IP Logged
hutchintheclutch
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 07/09/15 at 17:05:32

I did notice that, thank you; but since the current live website carries some outdated information, I did not think the question was entirely out of place.
And yes, replies re: kit messages are few and far between. There are, in fact, very many important questions on the forum that remain "orphans" irrespective of how long ago they may have been posted.
The best bet for answers appears to be an inquiry directly to zen-maester S.D., who has kindly offered to field my questions as they arrive. I hope to have some very good ones as this kit continues to evolve.
I am actually well into this dual mono ZKit build and will be performing some testing shortly. Shocked

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print