04/23/24 at 07:46:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Planar Headphone Mod (Read 4524 times)
MrQ
Ex Member

Planar Headphone Mod
11/26/10 at 07:22:48

With the Planar Headphone Mod, can dynamic headphones such as the T1 be used as well?

Also is a 1/4" jack socket used as there is a picture of a LCD2 with a 1/4" jack featured?

IP Logged
MrQ
Ex Member

Re: Planar Headphone Mod
Reply #1 - 11/27/10 at 08:32:43

Anyone?  

Mr Deckert...?

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 11/27/10 at 18:01:01

Hello MrQ,

Thanks for joining the forum!  You have my apology for the late response.  I remember getting an e-mail from you prior to your joining the forums.  With the Christmas rush I admit being stretched a little thin.

Yes, the Mini Torii will drive the T1's just fine.  A bit too much power perhaps, you'll want to be careful when turning it up.

The headphone jack option is of course for unbalanced applications using a standard headphone plug.  If you want to use the balanced cord set for the planer headphones, then do not request the headphone jack option.  Instead I can make you a harness to connect between the XLR jacks of the headphone cable and the binding posts of the amplifier.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
MrQ
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/28/10 at 12:42:43

Thank you Mr Deckert for replying. Greatly appreciated.

As I already own a pair of Beyer T1s, would it be possible to still have the headphone jack option for those and have a binding post fitted for when I get/use planar headphones?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print