04/20/24 at 08:54:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stands for DM944 (Read 7753 times)
Domino
Ex Member

Stands for DM944
08/18/10 at 17:41:52

Does anyone have any recommendations on the optimal height for stands for the DM944?  Any recommendations on particular manufacturers?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Stands for DM944
Reply #1 - 08/19/10 at 13:01:31

When I glanced over the title of your post, I thought you wanted to know what the initials "DM" stood for.

I think that stands are an important choice for a bookshelf speaker. Case in point: my Von Schweikert VR-1 monitors. They came with a proprietary stand made of wood. The stands mated with the speakers and wrung every last drop of performance out of them.

I would speak to either Steve or Zgyi about this. The right stands would help performance a lot. I don't know why they don't make stands for these, too.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 08/19/10 at 22:15:38

Domino,

The best height is for the tweeter should be at ear level while seated, if you stand to listen to music then they need to be at ear level while standing. If the stand is a bit short, spike the speakers to the stand and adjust the front spikes to tilt up until you get them where you want them.

Rivieraranch,

We talked about making stands for the DM's, then we thought we might change them, so we put the idea on the back burnier. Then I guess we decided to leave well enough alone, and never revisited stands. I could build stands, 'Ive built plenty of them. Wink

zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Hotsauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/20/10 at 00:32:12

Just curious...Why would you buy bookshelf speakers and stands instead of floorstanding speakers?

John C.

IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/20/10 at 03:54:06

Hot sauce,
              that question has bugged me for years. The price of stands can be very expensive and the total price of stand and speaker can be almost as floor standers. But, that is what I have....speakers on stands. Why did I do it? I really enjoyed the speakers when I demoed them. And they were what they were. Sigh.

My stands are pretty neat though. The stand itself is "room treatment". Each one is a helmholtz resonater designed to help the speaker in its lower frequencies. They work really good.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print