Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 13:48:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CD Player controls modding (Read 2643 times)
Brian
Seasoned Member

CD Player controls modding
07/23/10 at 00:22:53

Many here have discovered that power cords have an effect on the sound, the choice of silver or copper wire in the amplifier has it's effect, different types of volume control have an audible effect. Considering all this I wonder, Might a CD player sound better with the front panel push button controls changed to traditional switches & knobs?  

I don't remember seeing a player (no matter how much modified) with it's original front panel replaced with a new Walnut, or even heavy gauge steel, control board with all rotary knobs or toggle switches or rocker switches.  Did I only miss it, or has this not been tried?

Looking at the functions on my player, perhaps none of them are in the audio circuit. There is the on/off button, tray open, play, stop, pause, back & forward skip track selector; and then a set of four programming buttons: memorize, repeat, clear, and a display selector to show the track number selected, time expended, or time remaining.  
    Are these purely mechanical functions with no audible change to be had by changing out the type of controller?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print