Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 23:12:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lon, HDTRACKS, have you tried it? (Read 7044 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Lon, HDTRACKS, have you tried it?
05/09/10 at 20:51:44

If anyone here has tried it, it may be you.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Lon, HDTRACKS, have you tried it?
Reply #1 - 05/09/10 at 22:16:15

In a word, no, I haven't tried it, and have no plans to.

Still listening to my thousands of cds.  Not much interested in digital files.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mike_gagne
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/10/10 at 00:18:16

I find it hard to believe they could send tracks of that file size over the internet. Most internet music, due to bandwidth availability and cost, is 128kbps. There are a few 192kbps offerings with a paid subscription and college stations that are 320kbps albeit with unpredictable offerings. The sound quality on the higher kbps is way better than than 128 and below.
I live where there is almost no broadcast anything-TV or radio without huge antennas and a high tolerance for FM hiss in the signal. I listen to internet offerings consistently in my woodworking shop as cds and the players have a short life in dust. 220 feet of ethernet cable delivers it to my shop from my home computer. A Trends T10 ss does the amplification. No tubes. Thats reserved for the home side of my listening. I would love to find better sources but at the price they want per download-yikes. Anybody tried it?

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/10/10 at 06:07:31

I haven't tried it, yet, but I am going to buy one to see how it sounds.  I have WinAmp and I want to see how a FLAC file sounds.  

IP Logged
CY_Azrael
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 05/29/18 at 06:50:12

I have used HDtracks and I'm pretty satisfied with it as I primarily listen to digital music. I like how there are a few formats you can choose from (FLAC, WAV, etc.), and some albums are available in DSD format if that is your thing.

IP Logged
MarioEd
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/05/18 at 13:08:43

I've bought a fair number of albums from HD Tracks either as flac or dsd files. They are almost always running some type of sale and usually at least once a month have a 20% off sale. Most of my purchases from them are in jazz or classical, the quality of the files is good but they often don't have much info on how the remastering was done.

Another good source for hirez downloads especially in dsd format is this site http://store.acousticsounds.com/. They usually give much better details on how & who did the remastering.

Roon Rock NUC 11i7 > Sonore ultrarendu > Chord Qutest dac > Bottlehead Moreplay > Jolida Foz ss-x >SE84UFO > Omega Junior 8XRS, Kimber Kable hero IC & Audience Ohno iii SC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print