Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 11:35:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
comments and impressions (Read 11624 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

comments and impressions
03/23/10 at 17:50:18

For as many diffusers as we sell, very little activity in this forum.  Diffusers don't spark the same passion as amplifiers and loudspeakers so it makes sense that people wouldn't join a forum just to post about a diffuser.  Nevertheless, I'll try to start posting some of the feedback we get from happy diffuser customers!

WWW   IP Logged
CK722
Seasoned Member

Re: comments and impressions
Reply #1 - 05/14/14 at 03:15:03

I am limited on time and will say more later. I recently received 10 pair of Steve's diffusers. Another A++++ transaction from Decware. The panels were extremely well packed and every single panel looks beautiful. They look much better in person. They sound even better. I have been playing with placement as I have time. Steve indicated the front wall panels add depth. I thought I understood the meaning. After hearing my system with front and side wall diffusion, all of the descriptions just came together. The gentleman Steve has building these was a pleasure to work with and his work is top notch. It was no different than working with ziggy (I think?) when my HDT's were made - talented and friendly craftsmen that pay attention to detail. I guess when you are a genus like Steve, you know how to pick the best too.

Thanks again Decware!

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/14/14 at 12:02:14

I concur, ordered 6 pair and have been using them for a few months.  Top notch all around and I love the look.

congrats,

JD

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #3 - 12/02/14 at 20:30:29

Question for Roy & JD. I have corner bass traps behind speakers & absorbers installed on back and side wall 1st reflections. Now considering diffusion. Can you elaborate more on your experiences with treatments and biggest bang, placement? diffusers? ...anything will help as I move on. I would like to increased depth and width of soundstage...I guess we'd all like to.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/02/14 at 21:52:02

Hey Acetone,

My current place only has 3 rooms plus bathroom so I've been experimenting on how to get great sound in all rooms with one system (city living in Boston ain't cheap) bedroom, living room, kitchen and even the bathroom. I have succeeded since Steve Deckert suggested my speaker location( i sent him pictures).   My living room isn't square,  I'm currently using 4 diffuser panels stacked vertically on my back wall behind my listening chair,  which also has an opening that leads into kitchen on the left side.  I've got my ERR's toed in roughly 10 feet from back wall in between a large entrance (with pocket doors that slide into the wall that leads into my bedroom. Where the pocket doors slide in I have 1 24x48 absorption panels on each side mounted on the wall.  I have 4 stacked diffuser panels on my first reflection point on opposite sides of my 55 inch tv, to the left of my listening position.  The first stack closest to my left speaker does way more than the pair to the left of my tv but I like the symmetry. Since the tv really bounces the sound across the room to the right hand wall I have placed a 24x48 absorption panel directly across from the tv on top of 4 diffuser panels stacked behind yet above my sofa  that is in front of an oval wall that has three windows of which the middle one is blocked by the panels. With some klipsch monitors the diffusers made a huge difference but I have given those to my brother.  Since the ERR's are radial the change isn't as evident but obvious if you spend enough time in the room.  My goal was to have diffuser panels on all four walls but I'm so happy with the sound now I might hold off.  I have read that if you can't put diffusion on all four walls then having two wall with diffusion and 2 with absorption works very well on opposite sides works well.  I really love the look of the diffusers (they are pieces of art to me). Sorry to write so much but using diffusion and absorption are so underrated in listening that I feel they deserve way more attention.  My diffuser panels came from Decware and my aborption panels came from ATS acoustics.  Steve is always willing to talk and I would never be where I was without his advice and knowledge.  Hope this makes sense.

JD

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/02/14 at 21:58:40

Just realized I didn't really answer your question hahaha.  Diffusion has increased the depth and width of soundstage dramatically.  My floor has a thick oriental rug that absorbs well and my ceiling has nothing on it.

JD

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #6 - 12/04/14 at 19:06:49

JD,  So you have 2 diffusers on each side wall and 4 behind your speakers ? total of 8 diffusers correct?   I'm looking to start with 2 pair on wall behind my listening position mixed in with panels currently there...but not sure if I should also put 1 panel on each side wall, or just put that pair on wall behind my speakers....guess I'll have some tweaking to do. Thanks for your input. It seems that doing something, however small, is better than nothing...an approach I will keep with that has paid off already!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #7 - 12/05/14 at 17:17:48

Steve, send me home with some diffusers - I'll post impressions! Smiley

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/09/14 at 00:39:41

Acetone,

I have 2 pairs on the two side walls and 2 pairs behind my listening chair for a total of 12.  My speakers are out in the open away from any walls, with no diffusion or absorption behind them, that allows the radial speakers music to be heard in my adjoining room.  One of these days I'll post pics.

JD

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #9 - 12/09/14 at 16:46:05

Thx, JD.  Doing more investigation on Decware site it appears opposing walls do not have to be equal in diffusion, absorbers. Steve has comments in his room treatments forum saying sound travels so quickly that it doesn't really matter as long as you use both to take care of #1 frequency balance first then, #2 sound stage resolution.  (I'm doing a poor job of explaining. a read of Steve's papers helped). Pics of his listening room confirm this. This is good news that I will put to the test as I move forward with diffusers.....patience!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print