Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Just got our ERR's
03/22/10 at 17:25:29

Quote:
Bob & Steve,

The ERR's are remarkable speakers, beautiful craftsmanship and terrific fidelity. My wife and I are truly thrilled with them. Kudos to both of you, I am a Decware fan for life!

Neil Jackson, Architect, ICC, NCARB

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Just got our ERR's
Reply #1 - 03/22/10 at 23:33:00

Alright Neil, glad they're there!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/23/10 at 03:26:55

Lon,

Thanks! I was hooked from the first note. They are definitely the most invisible speakers that I have ever heard; like being on the stage with the musicians. As promised, they have lots of bass and they can easily fill my entire house when pared with my Torii Mk II. I can't see ever needing to replace them!

I hope that yours show up soon for a comparison with the "retail radials".

Neil

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 03/23/10 at 04:02:11

I imagine the Torii amp will drive a ton of speakers this well, but I have found the Mark II and the Mark III to bring the Radial design to immense heights.

I'm so glad you're happy as you ended up with components I recommended.  :)

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/23/10 at 05:25:55

Lon,

It's true, your advice was sound from the beginning (excuse the pun)! Thanks for all of your help and good-spirited  guidance! I have found the people on this forum to be extremely intelligent and friendly and you are the spokesman for the group.

Neil

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 03/23/10 at 11:14:12

Nah, I just post a lot.  I'm retired currently, and a bit hyper-graphic. Wink

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/23/10 at 15:47:45

Hey a question for you. Which position do you run your Mk II impedance switch in with the radials, with the switch towards the back (higher impedance) or towards the front (lower)? I don't notice a huge difference between the 2 settings with the radials. With the Infinity speakers, there was an enormous difference...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 03/23/10 at 16:09:50

Towards the front definitely for almost all material with the RL2s. There was a significant difference. If I were running an analog front end I probably would use the back more often, but with digital, the front.

All the speakers in the line seem different though.  With the IT Radials and the Mark III I can use either the front or back, and with the bias switch I get four distinct signatures from the amp, quite interesting.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 03/31/10 at 19:23:13

Neil. . . are you enjoying yourself? Smiley

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/31/10 at 22:26:38

Lon,

You better believe it! I have listened to the MkII/ERR's for at least 4 hours each day since the speakers arrived. The combination is simply the best I have ever experienced. My B-day is coming up in April and I plan to ask for some Winged C EL34's so I can experience the CCE mod next. I am negotiating 2 new contracts at this time and if things go well, the ZCD 200i is next...one step closer to Nirvana!

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/31/10 at 22:31:00

Lon,

PS: I have tried the impedance switch in both positions and the difference is very subtle, but, I find the that with the switch towards the rear there is a bit more weight to the music. I should also mention that there is an audible hum with the MKII/ERR combination that was not there with my previous MkII/Infinity combo. Do you notice any hum with your setup(s)?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 03/31/10 at 23:53:11

In my bedroom I am using the Mark II with the RL2s, and yes I prefer the rear but there's not a lot of difference. I may be confused, but I thought out in the living room with the ITs that I was using the front, but I may well have been using the rear.

No, I haven't had any hum issues knock on maple platforms for some time.  in my system the ZCD and the CSP2 though sounding really good together hummed like hell.  I'm using neither in my main system and no hum.  I am using the CSP2 in the bedroom but don't really have any hum. The ZCD is cooking off itn the corner of another room, been doing that for months.  Just can't seem to ease into that machine.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print