04/20/24 at 09:56:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pic of pro12 project (Read 7394 times)
Evo
Ex Member

Pic of pro12 project
03/21/10 at 05:53:44

Here's the recent Pro12 cabinets I built for Hammer Dynamics Super 12 driver plus Fostex supertweeter for home use.

Build wasn't too difficult (I made it a bit harder by routering rabbet joints instead of using nails to hold in place while glueing). Sound is great. Much better than original Hammer Dynamic design. Very little bass below 60 Hz using the tuning board, which is a must rather than optional for these drivers. Bass rolls off fast so should work well with sub.

I put the whole cross-over on the back of the tuning board. I'm going to drill a hole in the bass and feed the speaker wires out through that when I can be bothered, but for now they are just coming ot of the ports. I'm not going to use speaker terminals as good ones cost money and I'm trying to keep costs down.

Matt

Pro12_small.jpg
  IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Re: Pic of pro12 project
Reply #1 - 03/22/10 at 13:10:46

Very nice build. You have excellent wood working skills and must have alot of patience to chose rabbits joints over glueing and screwing(my method). Again, nice build.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
lunatech
Ex Member

Re: Pic of pro12 project
Reply #2 - 12/29/10 at 11:23:50

That is a nice looking build. The beauty of the design is how the cabinet can be tuned to any speaker. Very versatile design.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print