04/26/24 at 00:19:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I miss my Mini Torii (Read 4791 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

I miss my Mini Torii
02/27/10 at 18:08:02

My Mini is up at DECWARE being upgraded and I miss it. Even though I have the anniversary TABOO hooked up at home it is not the same.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: I miss my Mini Torii
Reply #1 - 02/27/10 at 18:27:44

I know what you mean.  I hate sending one of the machines off. . . You get so much out of these machines when you have them!

I'll soon have several spare amps, that eases the pain somewhat. Smiley

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 03/17/10 at 20:20:03

Try experimenting with the Taboo while you have it. Use a pre-amp.  Don't use a pre-amp. Experiment with volume levels and speaker placement.  Do something isolation related, or try a power cord out. Might distract you from your Mini Torii nonpresence and you are likely to find a different, maybe better sound for the Taboo in the system, and might learn a few things to apply to the Mini Torri when it's home. . .

:)

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/18/10 at 02:26:36

The TABOO belongs at my office so it is only doing substitute duty here at home. The home CSP2 is up at Steve's being looked over for a minor problem it developed; I would guess a faulty trim pot or pots. Therefore, the TABOO is by itself. I popped in a 12AX7 tube to boost the gain and it does well enough by itself with the MG944 speakers.

I am working on fixing up my speaker wires with new bananas, a black nylon sleeve to match the interconnects and heat shrink tubing.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print