Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 13:25:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Output power of Mini Torii and the choice of tube. (Read 4440 times)
ob2
Ex Member

Output power of Mini Torii and the choice of tube.
02/11/10 at 15:53:30

In the product page, it mentioned that the output power depends on the choice of tube.

So would 6L6 output higher than 6V6? If yes, what is the % higher.

If I want more dynamic and better bass for classical music, what tube should I choose?

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Output power of Mini Torii and the choice of tube.
Reply #1 - 02/12/10 at 02:26:38

The 6L6GC will have more power but the sound will be less focused. The amp is designed for the 6V6. If I were you I would use the factory tube complement to see how the amp sounds before changing tubes.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Raduschka
Seasoned Member

Re: Output power of Mini Torii and the choice of tube.
Reply #2 - 04/13/11 at 04:10:31

hi, I just discovered a combination of tubes that sounds particularly punchy and bassy, excellent for anything in general i would say, not only classical music. And nothing was lost, neither detail nor focus. Here goes:nos rca 0d3 regulator, reissue Genalex 6v6, nos mullard 12at7, nos philips 6x4 and 'stock' remaining rectifier, I forget what type it is, oc3 or something. The 0d3 glow violet, while the rest of the tubes glow orange! But of course, the sound is what matters and it is fantastic. I have just listened to Leonard Cohen's Various Positions at barely audible volume (neighbours) and I could hear every little bass note, including the growl and the attack and the little swish of the finger on the strings. Ok, maybe not the swish.
But all the rest.

I had tried an 0a3 and a nos  westinghouse 0b3 and they did not have any desirable outcome.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print