03/29/24 at 09:36:49 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Optimum Room Size (Read 8926 times)
pony23
Ex Member

Optimum Room Size
12/06/09 at 22:43:09

What is considered the best room dimensions for corner horns?

Jay

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Re: Optimum Room Size
Reply #1 - 12/07/09 at 16:36:46

Hi Jay

Not a lot of corner horn users out there.  As far as I know, there are only 3:  Me, Andy (wild_6_99), and Steve himself.

One thing to remember is that with the corner horns the highs are projected out at a 45 degree angle.  This means that the sweet spot will be half the distance between speakers from the front wall.  So, if you put the corner horns on a 16' front wall, the sweet spot is going to be 8' away from the front wall.  Taken to an extreme, say a 10x30 room with speakers on the 10'wall, the sweet spot will be 5' from the front wall and 25' from the back wall.  Obviously a square room will have the sweet spot in the dead center.

I had mine in a 16x24 room, and they worked fine along a 24' wall and along a 16' wall.  I preferred them on the 16' wall but it was a surprise when I found I had to move up to only 8' away to get to the sweet spot.

Dan

IP Logged
pony23
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/08/09 at 01:42:03

Hi Dan,
Thanks for replying, as far as the sweet spot goes I have the ability to toe in my tophats. So I can kinda play with the sweet spot a little, I am about to build a dedicated music room with inside dimensions of
19X13X8 or 9 not sure about the ceiling yet.

Jay

IP Logged
wild_6_99
Verified Member

Corner horns X 4=
awesome

Reply #3 - 12/11/09 at 03:11:50

hey guys its been a while  since ive checked out the forum,  lots of other things on my mind

but save ya the trouble in building them, i would be willing to part  with a pair,  at the cost of a few of my   tears of course and the right price

well worth it in the end
cheers
ps  im biulding a home bar now, and the horns are gonna be on either side Wink

wild_6_99   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print