Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 06:59:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DECFEST 2009 PICTURES (Read 17353 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

DECFEST 2009 PICTURES
10/21/09 at 01:09:52

Regrettably bad timing... The Monday morning after the fest I had to be at the federal courthouse for jury duty and that has thrown a wrench in my timing on things... hence the delay.

First I'd like to sincerely say thank you to all who took the time and expense to travel to this years fest.  Being a company who deals with everyone by phone or e-mail, it's so nice to actually meet some of you!  It reminds me why I do this... and gives me a strong incentive to continue.

DeVon took a few pics this year and if anyone else has pics they would like to include in this thread, just e-mail them to me and I'll post them for ya.

Dave, of Parker Audio, tending the fire that burned from Friday to Sunday...

Our daughter Sarah, the cute voice on the phone here at Decware in charge of customer service.  I put her in charge of selling T-Shirts. We'll have them in the catalog soon as a standard in stock item.

This is Deb who comes every year and helps DeVon with the million things she has to make happen during the event.

Walking towards us is Jason, a machinist with a real passion for audio.  I stuck the beer tent next to the shop which came in handy as it rained a bit this year.

Bob Ziegler,  the Decware Speaker Guru under the beer tent talking to Stevef.

Some shots through the listening room door...

In the red is Deb's husband Dan (another talented cabinet maker) and Mr. Kahn standing at the doorway to the office with myself sitting on the packing table.

Leaning on the boxes is Rob, our inside sales rep talking to Doug, a happy Ohm loudspeaker enthusiast with impeccable taste in beer I should add (Sierra Nevada).

This is ChrisK, our technologist demonstrating how to channel music from a CD on your fingertip into the DAC without the use of a transport!

Another peek through the door... ah listening to the MG944's

In blue is Randy, who we missed last year, doing some shop talk in the parts room.

Front to back on the left is Rob, ChrisK and Bob who's chatting with SteveF in the green shirt.  Dave and Jason are also enjoying the night air.

Doug and wife Marry chatting with Wally.  Julie, SteveF's wife on the couch.  Wally came down from NY to see me for the first time this year for which I am truly grateful.  It's always nice when a man who's worked hard enough to own the very best audio gear money can buy ends up listening to our HDT's as his main system, not to mention impressed enough to come down and see what we're all about.

Steve  ;)

WWW   IP Logged
mike_gagne
Ex Member

Re: DECFEST 2009 PICTURES
Reply #1 - 10/21/09 at 08:06:29

Thanks for the marvelous chronicle. I would like to make it myself next year.   aloha, mike

IP Logged
BLFST

Reply #2 - 10/22/09 at 23:18:08

Thanks for the images of the event.  Really wish that I could say that I could make it some year, but coming from the out west, I really doubt that I will ever be able to make itl  The images and comments here are therefore about as close as I will be able to get to DECFEST.

bill

IP Logged
Valiant

Reply #3 - 05/17/10 at 07:50:28

I'd love to make it to DECFEST, all the way from here in Australia. Just looking at the photos, it's rather like, what us amature astronomers might call, a field night. Grab a scope, or at least a pack of beer and head out into a very dark 'paddock' for a night under the stars. Maybe not this year, but next, and I'll tie in a tour of NA/USA with some well regarded astro nights aswell. I like my coffee strong and black, and my beer, cold.
Gaz

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 05/17/10 at 16:13:24

Hi Gaz!

This year I may do a live broadcast like I did the year before last...  if not I hope to take a lot more pictures.  

Whenever you might decide to attend we'd love to have you!  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #5 - 09/09/10 at 16:13:50

Steve,
  My brother and I will be there this year. I missed last years Sad
If I order a pair of interconnects would they be ready by then?
John

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Master3, Odyssey Candela Preamp and Suspiro phono preamp Counterpoint NP100 amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Goldenear Triton One speakers, CD240 CDP, Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables and IC, Decware IC, ZKit 1, ZDAC.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 09/11/10 at 06:16:23

Yea, they probably would be, the deadline was Sept 1 but if push came to shove, we could build a set while you were here.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print