Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:03:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member (Read 14479 times)
diebenkorn
Ex Member

10/03/09 at 13:28:28

I am new and wanted to say hello and ask a few questions.  I am very interested in the new ERR's and am wondering if anyone can comment on the diff/sim of the ERR's and the 1.5?  My speakers now are Ohm's and they are great but am building a second system and would love othear commentary from people who have heard both.  Lastly I was wondering if there is anybody in the New England area that has the any of the Decware radials and would be open to have me come and listen (I would happily bring my Ohm's).  No more questions Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: New member
Reply #1 - 10/03/09 at 15:07:50

Welcome!

I have never heard the 1.5s nor the ERRs (yet) so I can't really help with your questions.

But I think you'll be happy with your choice. . . . I'm not sure that the 1.5s are still available.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Gmad
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/04/09 at 16:13:00

I have 1.5's. According to what I've read it seems that the main difference with the ERR's is a little more extension in the low-end. I don't live in the area you mentioned, but in Long Island, NY, so not too far out of it...

IP Logged
diebenkorn
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/04/09 at 17:19:21

Thank you for the offer, I got some 1.5's on the way from agon, pretty excited to hear them.  I have a DK designs amp (modded to be almost a LSA Signature) but am looking to into a SET amp ( I have never heard one).

IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/04/09 at 18:55:59

My Zen Select was my first experience with SET. There is nothing like it. I love it. It has brought my hobby in a whole new direction.

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #5 - 10/04/09 at 20:45:05

Welcome!
Let us know your impressions of the 1.5's.!
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
diebenkorn
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/05/09 at 20:38:50

Any recommendations for an SET amp (plus anyone in New England willing to lend me one for few days Smiley  I am looking for an amp with a volume control (sorry I am lazy and finicky with volume if you are lending me one it doe not have to have a volume ocntrol just want to experience SET)  I also have excellent feedback on some other forums if you need it. Thanks

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #7 - 10/05/09 at 21:42:59

A Decware product would be a no brainer, in terms of sonics, build, cost etc.
Oh yes, they also sponsor this forum, and are designed to work perfectly with their speakers!!
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
diebenkorn
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/05/09 at 21:49:53

Is  remote volume control an option?

IP Logged
diebenkorn
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/22/09 at 19:34:58

I got my 1.5's about a week ago and have been toying around with placement, I could already hear they were great but had not found the right setup until today.  I set them up in a nearfield position 1 foot away from each other and 3 feet away from me.  I was completely blown away falling in love with music again and just wanting to do nothing else but listen.  I tried that tweak with putting some red oak boards underneath them and noticed a subtle change in tightening of the bass. I cant wait till I get my Onkyo 9555 (maybe later an SET) I am running it through a mid level denon reciever and they still sound great.

IP Logged
Gmad
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 10/23/09 at 02:55:28

Wow, that's a pretty narrow set-up. I've had mine as narrow as 30 degrees which was great for some stuff, but 45 degrees is better for the telarc recordings i have. The oak plinths definitely help as long as some measure is taken to isolate the speaker from the plinth and the plinth from the floor. I use cork because it's absorbtive and not bouncy.

IP Logged
diebenkorn
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/25/09 at 00:12:12

My set up is pretty unusual, the speakers are set up on an open  balcony that is only five feet wide by 20 feet long and facing the wall opposite the open part of the balcony(which is were i sit)  and they are placed in the middle of the balcony. Which may be the cause for the narrow set up and I have tired other set ups and this one I I have found to be to my liking it's because all of the other setups felt like I was listening to two speakers and and this feels like one but I may continue to move them and m curious to hear them in a rectangular room.  I have yet to get the cork

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print