04/20/24 at 02:00:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
37" by 30" wicked one (Read 7225 times)
soundwave
Verified Member

37" by 30" wicked one
06/24/09 at 06:46:26

I know guys but it was already too late. It ended up 37 wide! lol.
I intend to have it in my blazer, oh snap let me see if itll fit first...
KOOL it fits. Ok so itll be in the back of blazer bumpin as soon as I find a cheap good amplifier for it. THEN when we DJ parties I was thinking of using it as a subwoofer, working with 2 active mackie srm450 version1's or 2 jbl eon15g2 speakers.

My question is this. You think itll all sound good together? I mean, you think itll be noticeable against the active speakers- will it improve overall sound quality greatly or slightly.

I got those acoustic b.a.s.s. speakers from ebay, and here are some specs:

350 Watts RMS to 700 Watts Maximum
Recommended Power: 30 Watts to 700 Watts
2” Parabolic RFL Voice Coil
60 oz. Magnet
Oversized Rubber Surround
4 Ohm Impedance
Poly Zirconium Cone
Efficiency / Sensitivity 98dB @ 1 Watt / 1 Meter
Polyimide Voice Coil Former
Mid Q Design for Versatility in Enclosure Compatibility
Flat Progressive Roll Spider
CEA Cooling Technology
Vented and Extended Pole Piece
Low Carbon Top and Bottom Plate
Weather Resistant Design
Approved for Car Audio and Marine Use
3 Year Warranty

Any advice/ pointers/ info would be greatly appreciated. Let me post a pic for the krew, holdon...

I do not see how I can post a pic so tell me how if you want to peep the results. Later.

Also, do I wire these 4 ohm subs in series or parallel or what??? I dont have amp yet.

Rick Oshay

IP Logged
soundwave
Verified Member

Re: 37" by 30" wicked one
Reply #1 - 07/02/09 at 04:43:52

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES GUYS!
Winklol

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #2 - 07/02/09 at 12:50:32

Soundwave:  I'm no expert, but I have built a WO, so I can take a shot at answering your questions:

1)  I would use this
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-304%20%20%20%20%20%2...
(Parts Express 260-304 bi-amp terminal) to connect your speakers.  Wire one speaker to each red/black pair of banana plugs being sure polarity is correct.  Then you have options.  99% of the time I would run them in parallel as a 2 ohm load by installing the gold shorting jumpers that come with the terminal.  But you could wire them in series, or connect each speaker individually for testing, without going into the speaker box.

2)  I like bass, so keep that in mind for this next answer:  I think the WO will sound good and add a lot to 2 active mackie srm450 version1's or 2 jbl eon15g2 speakers.  It has been my opinion that if you take a good system with good bass (like the JBL Eon's) they sound even better when a sub is added.  Ideally you want to keep some of the lowest lows out of the Eon's when you add the sub so the Eon's don't have to work as hard - I think this is why they sound better.

3)  As far as your speakers go, the description looks like the typical over-inflated marketing hype that says virtually nothing about what you have.  You will have to try them and see, as you will not be able to predict what they are going to do from your description.  My guess is going to be that they are a cheep set of speakers and will not sound as good as they could.  If you have the T/S parameters, that would be a different story.

Dan

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #3 - 07/11/09 at 16:07:22

I would not worry about the size too much as long as it sounds good. The horn/throat is needs to be close to regular specs for proper operation but again with the right subwoofer you prolly have good results.

Find a good amp that can run two ohms loads, maybe even 1 ohm to be on the safe side. If the subs are four ohms each (prolly 3.5 ohms) you should parrllel the subs to get the most power from your amp. Maybe even purchase a big 1.5 farad cap to help with the power. Mine keeps my lights from blinking at the stoplights when I am "BOOMING".

As for the DJ set up, I don't see why it would not work as long as you have the power to push both equally. You might want a little more power to the subs if it is a large venue.

The WO is a forgiven design which almost any sub will sound good but you will need the power to push them. If you need more info let me know.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print