Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 09:28:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZKit1 Speaker Connections (Read 4594 times)
sebrof
Ex Member

ZKit1 Speaker Connections
06/12/09 at 03:49:05

I built the ZKit1 last night - Up and running with little trouble.
The speaker terminals are a mystery to me. I installed them as it looks like they should go, but it was obvious I would get no contact and I didn't. I installed them as they came, red and black terminals, red and black spacers top and bottom. Washers and nuts in the threads. I had to take them apart and not use the bottom spacer and put the washers directly on the pad on the circuit board, then the nuts to tighten.
What gives? It was like an impossible to solve rubics cube, and I know the answer is too obvious for me to see.
Oh - The amp sounds great. No way it's only 2 watts.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: ZKit1 Speaker Connections
Reply #1 - 06/13/09 at 18:23:15

Seborf,

The speaker terminals  can be used in a metal chassis, like the "C" or on a speaker with a metal binding post plate, so in these applications you would need to isolate them from the chassis, or metal plate otherwise they would be shorted out. In the case of the Z-kit1, you need them to make contact with there respective pads, so the inside isolator needs to be removed. The whole thing comes as a package, it would probably take to much time for Steve to remove what was not needed.

BobZ

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
sebrof
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/14/09 at 01:15:08

OK thanks.
I thought I was missing something but I guess not.

Thanks for the help.

IP Logged
sebrof
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/22/09 at 19:16:25

Another silly question - What to do with the unused PT secondary leads? Snip 'em I would guess, just making sure.

btw: I think my kit / tubes are just about broken in and really starting to open up and sound very good. $300, come on. You gotta be kidding. Someone once said, "You have to spend a lot of money in this hobby to learn that you don't have to spend a lot of money in this hobby." Now I understand what he meant.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print