Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 11:04:11 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
will the db10 disappoint me "again"?. (Read 8087 times)
swimfanbass
Ex Member

will the db10 disappoint me "again"?.
05/14/09 at 04:20:05

even after all the reviews and stuff ive saw about the db im still hesitant to roll out those kind of clams for this box. and with good reason. ive had 5 other boxes and 6 other systems that didnt sound the way i wanted no matter what i did.  >:(

the only system ive ever liked was my 100 dollar chevette system.

it was a sealed dual hatchback box with a cheap cassette headunit with built in 3 slide eq, a pyramid gold series 4 channel amp bridged with 2, 12" mtx terminator 4 ohm svc 150 rms subs and a factory dash 3x6" full range whizzer cone speaker.

i know its cheap stuff but ive never heared that clarity or headroom from any other system car or house. it felt like i was at the def leppard concert litterally. Shocked

this was in 1993 and im still trying since then to get that sq and bass again.

it was something else. im guessing it was because of the hatchback horn effect and the whizzer cone. i could feel the bass in my chest and every cymbal crash so smooth and chrystal clear. Embarrassed anyways...

IP Logged
swimfanbass
Ex Member

Re: will the db10 disappoint me "again"?.
Reply #1 - 05/16/09 at 07:51:28

dont rush to awnser. Tongue again. this box is not priced cheap and im not rich. what makes it so special compared to say a regular sealed box in general?.

again thanks for the support.

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #2 - 05/18/09 at 17:10:56

I have built at least six DB10s and been happy with each one. You need to understand that you have a different point of reference when it comes to sound or bass. The DB is going to be limited to around 120db. This amazing considering that one ten inch woofer is producing this high level. Put the DB10 in a large room and it might not be that impressive unless it is setting close to you. Put the DB in a car and cabin gain will help even more but your are still using a single ten.

It is all about surface area and the larger the speaker the louder and lower it will play. If you had twelves to start with even two DB10s might not be satisfactory.

I have always used the DB10 with other speakers (2-way/3-way) to help with the bass response(40Hz/50Hz region).

Will you be happy with the DB10? Yes. But will change the rotation of the earth? NO. Once you have heard low and loud repeating it will not be possible with a smaller subwoofer. Just my two cents.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
swimfanbass
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/19/09 at 07:51:58

ok thanks. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print