04/24/24 at 23:33:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen 84C Kit (Read 3824 times)
76doublebass
Ex Member

Zen 84C Kit
04/02/09 at 14:59:26

Well maybe I should have invested in a high quality solder station before I put my kit together. I had an issue with my amp, but my distant technician found the problem right away.my twisted wires on pins 4 and 5 to reduce hum fields had the wires to close to a pin and was pulling the other pin into another pin and one or two of the connections had gotten loose. So this was corrected right away and now I have all tubes glowing again. I think my pencil tip iron is not getting hot enough anymore.
   I was also concerned with the 1000 ohm resistor at 6.5 watt rating.
The tech did some measurement on my kit and noticed that the resistor was putting out about 5.6 watts of heat and was to much for
its 6.5 watt rating, so he replaced it with a 12 watt 1k resistor and this should make things much better for my particular amp.
So I'm back and listening to wonderful music again.
It seems the amp has improved in head room now,But need to listen some more and re-evaluate
Don Curry Cheesy

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Zen 84C Kit
Reply #1 - 04/02/09 at 20:11:08

Don, it's really cool you put that together, and again.  That takes more confidence than I have!  Enjoy the sound!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
pegasio
Verified Member

Re: Zen 84C Kit
Reply #2 - 09/02/15 at 01:01:08

Hi Don -
I know this post has been here for a long time...
Do you still have and enjoy the SE84C ?
And do you still have the plans to assemble the kit, together with the schematics ?
I ask because I bought 2 kits some years ago, built one and never got around to build the second.
Recently I sold the amp and now , I want to sell the NEW kit, too.
But I can't find the printed sheets that I downloaded from Decware at that time.
So my question: do you know how to find the plan ?
- Or would you be interested in buying my KIT ?
Thanks for letting me know.
Greetings -
Gabriel

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print