Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 04:33:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I tell the difference between Se84 A B and (Read 4022 times)
chirs
Verified Member

How do I tell the difference between Se84 A B and
03/24/09 at 15:03:55

Hi - I have a SE84CW #450 made in June 01 - I was wondering how to tell if it was a A B or C revision, and if it had a hammond type mains transformer or a decware version.  I think se84 C was produced from 2000 onwards but I read on the net that some se84CW`s had the old type transformer.  If someone could please help me identify my model it would be greatly appreaciated. Chris

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: How do I tell the difference between Se84 A B
Reply #1 - 03/25/09 at 14:29:18

Okay, I'm NOT an expert.  But. . . if it's a CW then it should be a C revision.  The serial number would indicate that as likely as well.

I bought amp #27, an original Zen amp before any revisions. Shortly after mine was made, very shortly because I think I remember someone posting #29 as the first Revision A amp, the A Revision was launched.  This was I think twelve years ago.  I sent mine in for a (free!) upgrade to Revision A, and it has remained a Revision A amp.

That's as helpful as I can be.  I'm sure Steve will set you straight.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print