Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 21:15:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION (Read 57404 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
02/08/09 at 17:29:45

Regrettably our Audio Classifieds script was irreversibly hacked.  After throwing $600 at it over the past few years I've just given up.  This will now be the replacement for the Audio Classifieds section of our site.

Use this to buy and sell your used audio gear.  No commercial or business ads will be allowed. (with the exception of Decware gear as I may pots demos or prototypes here from time to time). If you make money selling audio related items on the side, do not list items here - instead invest in your own web site/forums and sell your stuff there.

Any commercial ads will be deleted.

DECWARE assumes ZERO liability for anything listed, bought or sold here.

Is it ok to sell used Decware gear here?  YES, it's not a problem.  I would rather have people find used Decware gear in this forum than somewhere else for the simple fact that buyers will already be members of this forum and be more likely to use it for product support.  Even though our lifetime warranties are non-transferable, we fully support ALL of our products by offering factory service on everything we have ever sold.   If you have purchased a new Decware amplifier and plan to sell your old one to help pay for it, consider this: You can send the old one to us and have it completely gone through and given a clean bill of heath at which point we can ship it to the buyer with the full warranty re-instated.  That greatly increases the value of your used Decware amplifier, and makes it far easier to sell.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Steve Deckert

WWW   IP Logged
big L
Ex Member

Re: NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
Reply #1 - 06/16/10 at 13:50:30

For Sale:
One pair mint barely broken in DFR8-S (shielded version with better bass). Bought for ZOB project and are getting more awesome now that I have about 150 hours on them. Steve says they will need more to fully smooth out, but in the meantime have bought some Seas Exotic drivers and will be using them instead.  First $200 gets them($300 new) All gaskets and original boxes included.

Larry

IP Logged
Bartemus
Ex Member

for big L
Reply #2 - 11/14/10 at 18:52:41

Sorry if this is the wrong place to respond. I'd like to buy these if still available.

Stuart

IP Logged
PHP143
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/06/11 at 01:09:03

For sale Torii mk II. Just back from
a full check up
By Steve with the addition of
the Goldpoint stepped attenuator, a $250 value. Unit is in mint condition. Includes two spare tubes. Will ship double boxes or available for pick up in Connecticut. Price is $1,500 plus shipping. Write for photos or any questions.  Bob

IP Logged
tasar
Ex Member

SOLD.....thanks Gene
Reply #4 - 10/10/11 at 15:50:55

I have a duplicate set of Steve's power cord and ICs. not sure if this is the "real" classsified section, as there appears to be two ? Anyway, someone make me an offer on one or both of these ....the ICs are 1m and the cord close to 5' give or take. Thanks guys. Post me direct acat40@gmail.com

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 10/10/11 at 18:29:33

Big L, Tell me more about what you think of the SEAS drivers. I have been very curious.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Crummwoody
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 03/03/12 at 18:57:17

For Sale:  Original SE34i.  Arguably one of (if not the most ) flexible amps you'll ever find.  Fully dual mono design, able to run pseudo or true triode with two tubes or with all four in series or parallel.  Bias and presence switches round out the options.  Four inputs.  I am the first and only owner.  Low hours, has the Hazen Grid Mod and fully checked over by Decware last month!  Pristine condition.
Selling as building own amps and collecting vintage McIntosh.  Thinning the herd.
Includes Svetlana EL34 matched quad and original driver 6N1P tubes.
Price:  $950 shipped to lower 48 U.S.
Pictures available upon request.  
Reply to:  crummwoody@yahoo.com
Thanks,  Rob

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 03/03/12 at 19:18:02

Wow, a fascinating machine at a great price. These are great looking, very flexible machines that by all reports sound great. I hope someone snags this and gets to really enjoy it. If I could justify buying another amp right now, I'd be emailing for this one.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Crummwoody
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 03/03/12 at 20:48:39

Thanks.
I should clarify about the Svetlana's--they are not current production, buy same build as the winged "c" 34's- I know as I have both.  The pre-2001(?)  Svetlana's sound appreciably better to me.

Rob

IP Logged
mac5u
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/11/12 at 22:09:49

Sent you an email.

Thanks.

IP Logged
Crummwoody
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 03/11/12 at 22:36:14

Update:  Sale Pending.

IP Logged
Crummwoody
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 03/23/12 at 05:21:16

SE34i. Sold.
Thanks

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #12 - 03/23/12 at 15:43:58

I'm the buyer of the above SE34I.
Rob is a 1st. class person to do business with, the description of the amp was totally accurate, communication was prompt & helpful, and the packing/shipping was excellent.
Thanks again!
don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 03/23/12 at 16:22:43

Congrats Don! What an amp!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #14 - 03/23/12 at 20:08:55

Thanks, Lon. I haven't had much opportunity to really listen to it yet, but i must say that initial impressions are that it's an amazing bit of audio gear. i was  prepared for a (slightly) less than holographic soundstage, with perhaps somewhat less detail than i'm used to, but--NOT!! This is one killer amplifier, and the fact that I no longer need my pre-amp is an added bonus!.
Those of you with the more recent versions of the SE34 are lucky folks indeed, not to mention those of you with the mini Torii/Torii MK3
I'd forgotten, since I sold my Select some years ago, just how good these products are. The build quality is exemplary.
Any "fence-sitters," anyone thinking of trying a Decware amp, don't hesitate!
-If a 10 year old piece can sound this good, be rest assured these are products to be treasured for the long haul.
looking forward to exploring some of the possibilities this amp offers!
Best
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 01/13/13 at 23:20:31

Doorman...beat me to it!

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Vladimir
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 03/04/14 at 20:09:35

I have for sale pair of 2 year old ERR speakers in mint condition.
I am in Toronto, Ontario. I have original boxes and can ship at buyer expense.
$1,700
416 399-8242 Vlad

IP Logged
jmac7
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 02/14/15 at 16:15:27

For Sale:Hi all. I have a MKIV that I am selling. I have had it since Oct or Nov of 2013. It is a 9 of 10 since there are a couple of small scratch marks on the sides from moving it off of the rack and touching the rails. I will add several tubes that I had for spares.It is the black figured wood with gold knob,cryoed beeswax caps,smooth operation volume control, never used EL-34 tubes that came with it, and Pelican hardshell case.My price is $2495.00  and any paypal fees that may apply. I will split the freight. I have not put this up on any other sites yet.If I can sell it here,that would be a plus.  Thanks, Jim

IP Logged
Sassman
Verified Member

Reply #18 - 03/05/15 at 17:02:30

I’d like to sell my original SE34I purchased from Decware (actually from Decware’s own Dennis Hazen) in January 2013 in order to move up the line.  Of course Steve Deckert can do more justice to the amp than I’m capable of, so check out his original classified ad posted 1/5/13.  (I tried to add the link but was prevented from doing so as I don't have any prior posts at the forum). You can easily find it at the old classified postings on page 8 dated 1/16/15: "FOR SALE - MOST UNIQUE SE34I TO OWN - SOLD"

There was a good (and accurate) industry review published in 2002 at tnt-audio.com and a link also available at the thread.

I replaced the input tubes in October 2013 and the amp will come with the original JJ EL34 output tubes supplied at sale and a pair of Gold Lion KT77’s purchased last year.  I’ve probably used it on average 5 hrs. per week (I own two other amps).

A few listening impressions:  I’ve run it both with and without a line stage to very good effect.  It should come as no surprise to readers here that transparency is really off the charts, even when run in parallel mode.  It is also supremely quiet, more so than even a few digital amps I’ve run through my setup and all other tube equipment I've had on hand (speakers are 101db Tyler Acoustics PD80’s, a great match BTW).  

Sort of fun to play some of my preferred music --  Mahler, Strauss, Stravinsky et. al. -- at full throttle with 3.5 watts, 3.5/3.5 watts in biamp mode, or 7 watts in parallel without hum, hiss or strain.  

I paid the asking price of $1200.00 (happy to provide the receipt) and will sell for $1000 plus shipping.

Seems a few missed out on a prior offering so let me know if you are interested………..

IP Logged
Sassman
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 03/10/15 at 00:03:41

SOLD - thanks Mark

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 01/12/17 at 19:45:20

Anybody else watching the Blue Torii for sale on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-Decware-Zen-Torii-Dual-Mono-Tube-Amplifier-Excelle...

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 01/12/17 at 20:19:53

Yes Archie, I put it on my watch list yesterday or maybe the day before so I could see what it sells for.  I do this with all Decware gear on Ebay and Audiogon. Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
martin

Reply #22 - 01/20/17 at 17:10:53

I just took a look.  It's sold, for $732.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 01/20/17 at 17:58:30

I saw that too.  It must be acquiring Classic status!  Maybe we'll hear from the buyer on this forum?

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 01/20/17 at 18:20:56

I've heard from the buyer. He's new to Decware entirely. We know each other from a music board. I invited him to check this forum out.

IP Logged
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 01/25/17 at 03:52:15

He is I and I is him. I snagged that infamous Blue Torii that was on ebay. Lon beckoned me over here to post. With not much info to go on and a Torii 2 in my sights, I decided to wing it and bid in the last few moments. Initially disappointed to find out this Torii was only 12 watts, but on these FRX-2 drivers, that might be just what the doctor ordered (the FRX-2 can't do much with anything in excess of 15 watts).
Before this I was using a, don't laugh, Sonic Impact T Amp which was much better than its price would have you believe, but in the end, not cutting the mustard.
Still getting accustomed to this combo. It oscillated a bit which was remedied by turning the feedback knob slightly more from the "zero feedback" setting (all the way counter-clockwise).
Now, I'm trying to get a handle on this buzzing noise that happens at a certain bass frequency. Sounds like a blown driver or a driver bottoming-out, but that's not it. It might be the oscillation rearing its ugly head. Flipping the switch on the back of the FRX-2 may have solved it, still need to spend some time to confirm that with certainty.
This is a Torii with one input and dual volume. Very nice since I am basically analog only.
It's still settling in and coming into it's own sonically. Bass has improved and vocals are off-the-charts good. One thing is certain, this Torii gets scorching hot. Fry an egg on this sucker!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #26 - 01/25/17 at 11:16:32

Welcome! Glad you posted, glad that so far the Torii is making great sound!

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 01/25/17 at 23:08:45

Do you have a preamp?

IP Logged
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 01/25/17 at 23:29:44

Yes, I do. A CSP-2.
Add that to the mix?

I was also considering either a small REL sub or else some HSU mid-bass modules. (Most of the stuff I listen to, jazz and classic rock, doesn't have much under 40hz).

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 01/25/17 at 23:34:56

I would. Smiley

IP Logged
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 01/31/17 at 02:17:39

That CSP-2 made all the difference in the world. Thanks for the tip, Lin. I'm getting bass now, it's nowhere near ideal, but it's at least pressurizing the room a bit. (I was getting hardly any bass at all and assumed all my recordings were to blame).
In a very general sense, the improvement sounds similar to Steve's preview of the new hitter box. Wonder if the hitter box would improve the bass even more? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
mac48025
Verified Member

I can resist
anything except
temptation

Reply #31 - 09/07/17 at 21:03:31

Like new Torii MK IV. Purchased in December 2016 and used for 5 months. Less than 700 hours on it. Great amp but I went the SET route. Includes black figured base,stepped attenuator, 4/8 ohm taps, stock tubes and original shipping box and packaging. Can send pics. $2800 plus shipping.

PS Audio P300>PS Audio Perfectwave PMT & PWD>Decware Torii mk IV>NOS Western Electric 14g speaker wire>Tekton Double Impacts
  IP Logged
amplified
Verified Member

Reply #32 - 11/05/17 at 15:02:23

Some nice gear for sale here.

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #33 - 06/16/18 at 15:15:22

Would anyone be able to provide a few more details about having a sold decware amp sent back to decware for the checkup and then to the buyer?
" If you have purchased a new Decware amplifier and plan to sell your old one to help pay for it, consider this: You can send the old one to us and have it completely gone through and given a clean bill of heath at which point we can ship it to the buyer with the full warranty re-instated.  That greatly increases the value of your used Decware amplifier, and makes it far easier to sell."

1. How is the seller to Decware to buyer transaction handled or how does Decware know the unit is to be shipped to a new buyer?
2. What is the cost of this service?
3. Does Decware install all new tubes? If so how is that cost handled?
3a. If not, what about the tubes? Ship in addition to? Sell outright?
4. How has payment been transacted? Certified check, personal check etc?
Just a bit of research before selling my amp and wondering how others have handled their sales of Decware items so if anyone cares to share some "how to" experience that would be great.

PI Audio Uberbuss, Esoteric K05X, ELF gold Interconnect, TabooMK4,ZMF Silver Michanikos, ZMF Atrium Closed Back.
  IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 06/16/18 at 16:50:13

Click on the contact tab, then click on RA form link near bottom of page; You will find more information there.

I have offered this service when selling an amp, but no one has used it yet.

I would calculate the cost of shipping to and from Decware to the new owner, new tubes, and warranty transfer into the sale price.

When you send the amp to DECWARE with the RA form, you can provide the new ship to address and credit card to cover all the cost. You would already have the money from the buyer at that point.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #35 - 06/16/18 at 16:58:34

Jeff - I purchased a CSP3 off of a forum member a few months ago. I had it shipped to Decware and I believe that for 10% of the cost of the unit (approx 140.00) and a new set of stock tubes, it was bench tested and given a clean bill of health. A new lifetime warranty is in effect in my name now. I also had the black figured base changed out to walnut to match my other Decware gear. Paid by CC with the usual great communication between Sarah/Decware and myself. Freight back to me was covered by credit card. A great way to insure that the item you are
selling or buying is certified Zenlike by the Master. When in doubt, call or email Sarah/Decware and they can fill in the blanks. Good luck on your transaction and happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 06/16/18 at 21:24:19

Buying from a forum member is easy. I’ve bought and sold here many times with no problem. Just be sure you are comfortable with the other party, understand about packaging and shipping, what is included in the sale, payment details, etc.

Also the warranty transfer is a great idea. Nothing is perfect. I recall having a CSP2+ I bought new from Decware that developed a strange scratching sound. I exercised the warranty. I sent it to Decware to be checked out. At first Steve couldn’t see what was wrong. Then finally he discovered a tiny piece of wire that was tickling something and making that noise. The warranty made this process trouble free. It is worthwhile having the warranty in case of a problem.

Even if you didn’t have a warranty and sent something up here to be worked on they charge little for what they do.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
jasbirnandra
Verified Member

Reply #37 - 01/17/22 at 15:12:16

Want to sell Canary Audio M600 done only 140 hours with EH Gold pin 300B tubes 230V for 12000 USD any interest

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print