03/28/24 at 23:25:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hwk (Read 4129 times)
bimbo
Ex Member

hwk
02/05/09 at 07:54:13

Is the hwk good for outdoor use? What enclosure would you recommend for outdoor use? Tnx.

IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Re: hwk
Reply #1 - 02/05/09 at 12:10:28

bimbo wrote on 02/05/09 at 07:54:13:
Is the hwk good for outdoor use? What enclosure would you recommend for outdoor use? Tnx.

As an "old-tyme" headbanger, I would have to say that the features of the venue determine what kind of speakers you need to make the outdoors ROCK.

I have a two-fifteen (JBL E140s which I possess by default, in plenitude) HWK that I now use on my back deck to liven up my back yard. It's flat ground, clay soil with grass and too much noise from surrounding streets to be truly enjoyable during the day, but when Magic Hour is near, this lazy (large-ish) system, which I listen to from about forty feet back, is very pleasing.

If I was going to make a live music presentation and attempt to punk the noise from the streets, I would use horns for low bass.
I haven't tried it up close, but I would think that for private listening outdoors the HWK would please just about anyone's tastes.

It s very "adjustable"  for one thing and you can create response peaks just where your venue requires them, all done inside the enclosure.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print