Send Topic Print
Phono pre ZKit? (Read 6273 times)
Young_SC
Seasoned Member

I love Decware 1G -
SP1!

Phono pre ZKit?
01/25/09 at 06:28:44

Is there a ZKit phono pre on the drawing board?  I am keen to go tube here to complement my other Decware gear and at this stage can't afford a ZP3.

Thanks,

Simon

Marantz CD 63KI (modded)
Monica 2 DAC with I/V output stage
ZBox
Decware SE84CEX
Homebuilt HDT's with doughnuts
Enamelled copper wire IC's with Eichmann plugs
Enamelled copper wire speaker cables
Young_SC   IP Logged
Hasafraker
Verified Member

Re: Phono pre ZKit?
Reply #1 - 07/31/10 at 13:56:43

I would second this, if it came in around the same or lower price point as the zkit1 or the zsp1 I'd be game. Currently I'm looking at a schematic for a phono preamp that uses 4 6dj8's and a 6x4 for rectification, very similar layout to the zsp1 so I'm likely to build that. Cost will most likely be in the $200-$250 range for parts but I've had to put my HiFi habit on hold for school. So we'll see, if Steve is inclined I'd be interested Smiley

pwells~

SE84DIY w/cce mod, ZSP1, VSPS DIY phono stage w/separate psu, Sansui SR-525 Turntable, Nagaoka MP-100 mm cart, Tekton Design 8.1's 97db@1w, all cables and interconnects DIY. Now we're cookin Wink
WWW hasafraker hasafraker   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 08/01/10 at 04:31:57

I've considered just selling the circuit board I developed for the ZP3, however if you've ever read the ZKIT forums (or any DIY forum) you see how many people have hum and noise problems and then eventually overcome them when they get it right.  A phono stage with 42db of gain would compound that potential by a factor of 10.

You can see why I pause.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/23/21 at 18:35:29

Did you ever build something, Hasafraker?  I'm looking to build a tube stage to mate with my zkit and seeking recommendations on a good schematic.  More interested in p2p than a board, but would likely do the ZP1 circuit if available?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print