04/19/24 at 06:35:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZCD Player Remote (Read 8729 times)
76doublebass
Ex Member

ZCD Player Remote
01/22/09 at 23:16:38

Can the ZCD be modified to play with a remote from your listening chair? I realized it comes standard with its own remote,But can it be modified to be played with an additional remote using the tube output stage and the benefts of the tube power supply?
Also does it require a different type of dual volume control
steps than what u show on your modification page of the Tascam?
Would this be an additional cost from the standard mods listed for the upgrade?
If so how much?
Don C.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: ZCD Player Remote
Reply #1 - 01/23/09 at 15:16:03

You can use the stock remote from your listening chair and control the machine (play, pause, program, repeat, etc.).  If you connect your interconnects to the RCA jacks of the tubed output stage and not the stock stage, you'll be getting that sound and the benefit of the power supply from the player, controlled by the remote.

As for remote variable output control. . . don't know if Steve can and will build a powered variable output or not. . . .

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
76doublebass
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/26/09 at 06:42:34

Thanks for the input Lon. That answers my question. I do play so much different music with such various output levels and differing dynamics. I do notice even different cd's are cut at diffent levels as well. So this will really be nice. I've heard some good things about the ZCD. I don't have anything of quailty playback for basic cd just my old Toshiba dvd 5 tray, SO I'm sure this will be a big improvement
when I can get one, probably in early April.
Don C.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 01/26/09 at 17:03:02

I think this will offer a significant improvement in cd sound for you.  Get all the options. . . it's worth an extra 100 or so to do so in my opinion.  I've heard the machine bone stock (you'll get the variable output as a standard addition, I didn't when I bought mine) and with all options and the options are a decided upgrade.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
MDA
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 06/14/18 at 17:35:34

Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print