Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 04:31:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally got my imps completed (Read 7599 times)
djn
Ex Member

Finally got my imps completed
12/19/08 at 03:58:05

They are the original corner types.  When I got them they were flipped up side down with EV T-35 tweets and EV-T25 mid driver with 8HD horns in the mouth.  They also had the EV X36 and X8 crossovers and L-pads.  The woofer is the EV SP-15.  I left the woof and took everything else out, flipped them right side up and am now using the Edgarhorn 350hz midhorn with JBL 2441 driver and Heil tweeter.  All this is tri amped through a Behringer CX-3400 into three tube amps.  They sound amazing from top to bottom.  Plenty of tight and low bass with a little dip in the midbass area.  I will be trying the JBL 2225 woofer next week and the Lambda MT15 woofer the week after that.  

IP Logged
Cosmos
Verified Member

Re: Finally got my imps completed
Reply #1 - 01/03/09 at 06:47:07

And they sound great too! Congrats again. Smiley

Audio - The hobby of spending insane amounts to make a little improvement.
  IP Logged
buzz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/04/09 at 16:54:55

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. How do you like the Lambda drivers? I have a few on order from Acoustic Elegance I hope to receive soon.

PS Are you sure the Edgar horns are 350hz cutoff?

IP Logged
djn
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/06/09 at 01:20:06

Hey Cosmos, I posted this before you came over with the JBL 136As.  I am done.  I can't believe ANY THING will sound better than those.  Thanks again.

Buzz, I never got that far.  Cosmos brought over a pair of JBL 136As and they sound incredable.  There is still a bit of a dip at 100hz but I am building an adjustable throat plate that might take care of that.  At 12hz, you have a sense that something is happening and at 16hz you can hear it!!!!!   Then it just gets better from there.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print