Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 19:14:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any dealers for your products in India? (Read 4146 times)
hemanth
Ex Member

Any dealers for your products in India?
11/03/08 at 14:01:29

Hi.
I am interested in your products and want to know if you have any dealers in India or any close by location.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Any dealers for your products in India?
Reply #1 - 11/03/08 at 16:36:55

Hi,

Thank you for taking an interest in our products, and signing on to our forums!

Decware is built on a factory direct sales model and has no dealers.  We ship our products direct to the customer, world wide.

This is done for two reasons:

A) It eliminates the mark ups from reps, dealers and the additional overhead from advertising to keep our product prices as low as is technically possible.

B) So that we can get customer feedback directly from each and every customer - this is a huge advantage for product design that a retail sales model simply won't support.  The result is product that is well thought out.

Between A and B there are no retail products at these price points that can compete.  

The price you would pay for a Decware product shipped to India is far less than what you would have to pay for it if it were retailed at one of your local dealers.

Thanks,

Steve Deckert

WWW   IP Logged
hemanth
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/04/08 at 02:48:01

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your reply. While I accept that your model of direct shipping to customers reduces overheads it still makes it prohibitive for someone like me out in a different geographic location.
It is just difficult to be paying more than the price of a product for its shipping. But I think you have excellent products.

Regards,
Hemanth

PS: I don't think putting up a distributor in India would cost as much as you think it would and quality products don't need expensive advertising, they sell.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 11/04/08 at 15:32:05

Even if we had a distributor in India, they would have to import the products from Decware in the USA so the same shipping charge would be attached to the product no matter if you purchased it from us or in your own country... price would be the same.  And I've never found a distributor willing to work for free, so add at least another 10% on top of the price for that.  So you see, it really is the least expensive alternative to just buy it factory direct from us.

The only way to really avoid this problem (and I run into it every week) would have been to become my own distributor and charge retail for all of our products right off the web site.  That way a Zen amp would sell for $1029.00 instead of $675.00 giving us enough room to discount the product.  Sadly people seem to be more apt to purchase a $1029.00 product at a discounted price of $799 than they are a $675.00 product at no discount.    Same product.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print