Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 11:40:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help me with this litle problem. Im new here (Read 8612 times)
hamlet
Ex Member

help me with this litle problem. Im new here
10/21/08 at 14:56:25

hi everyone my name is hamlet im from Chile and i found this web looking for subwoofers. my cuestion is this: i buy a subwoofer of brand XXX 10 inch (that's it calls the brand of woofer) and i like to know if this works in the dthbox. PLEASE HELP ME!! i' reali need some information of this, if it works or not, or... not realli works this brand on the desing of the dhtbox, because this is my proyecto to build a subwoofer for a home theater,( and i`realy need then everybody advise me if this work out) Tongue  ;)

IP Logged
Valiant

Re: help me with this litle problem. Im new here
Reply #1 - 10/22/08 at 13:29:34

Hi Hamlet,
We really need a few technical details about the XXX subwoofer.
Cheers
Gaz

IP Logged
hamlet
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/08 at 17:18:20

Hi valiant, thanks so much for the replay jijiji Smiley, i' think then no one was a replay my litle problem. well, for the details your ask this is are:
Diameter of 10 inches Winds Simple of 2 inches Impedance: 4 Ohms Sensibilidad 88 dB Promotes: 150W RMS (500W Maximum Power) Response of frequency: 45-4000Hz Material of magnet of strontium of 40 Oz. that's all iu found in dhe box and the web, nothing more i' found about this woofer. well I hope you or ani one help me, a want build this dhtbox.....earthquake subwoofer... I think

IP Logged
hamlet
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/29/08 at 15:22:02

what hapen! no one is gonna help me Cry

IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/30/08 at 17:37:08

Don't feel bad, Hamlet. Things seem to be moving kind of slowly these days and even I have become an infrequent poster.

Do you already have the plans for the enclosure design?
I think if you read through the section on this site devoted to this enclosure, you will find that the main point of the design is that it is tunable to get the most out of what ever driver you choose.

Just for your information, though, a driver that only goes down to 45Hz is not a subwoofer, technically, but a woofer more properly. You would be better off with a driver capable of a lower response.

I have only built one DB and I used a driver with a resonance in the 30Hz range, which, to old school guys like me, that's not really a subwoofer, either.

However, I was able to tune the enclosure to a range that was very pleasing and well controlled. With some equalization, I managed to get a nice deep sound out of it.

IP Logged
hamlet
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/05/08 at 14:36:45

thank's so much for te replay. look i have not the planes of the dbx because i' have to pay with credit card and i don't have one Cry Angrymm...and you'r right! this is not a subwoofer, but can works. i hope that someone facilitates the planes to me Tongue

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print