Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:00:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Building my Sound Room Treatment (Read 11575 times)
Richard_Basaker
Ex Member

Building my Sound Room Treatment
05/27/08 at 21:00:47

I hope you can help me Steve, I have been building Sound Room Treatment  for my sound room from some old plans that I bought from you some years ago.  They were for C.W.A.L., D.W.A.L., S.W.A.L. construction.  I started with the C.W.A.L.'S. My question for you is on the Thermafiber that you used, their are lots of different products in the Thermafiber catalog. Do you recall as to the product you used in your units? The size? and density? or maybe a product code number?  This will help me finish off these units and start to enjoy my room.  When I finish my room I will send photos and comments.

Thanks again,
Richard Basaker  

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Building my Sound Room Treatment
Reply #1 - 05/28/08 at 23:19:09

Sure,

You want Termafiber SFAB.  Here is the link: http://www.thermafiber.com/uFolder/uploads/TF886.pdf

Steve  :)

WWW   IP Logged
Richard Basaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/29/08 at 15:54:20

Good Morning Steve,

Thanks for the information on Therafiber.  This will greatly advance my work on my sound room.

Richard Basaker

IP Logged
Richard Basaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/01/08 at 17:44:59

Good Afternoon Steve,
I finished the C.W.A.L.'S and they work great. If these were used in all sound rooms, or all CES rooms one could only imagine how good the sound would be. One of the best improvements to my sound room ever. I have two questions to ask of you, as to
your sound room. Is this room still in use, or when you moved the company, did your sound room move also?  In your 360 of your room the corner shot of the C.W.A.L.'S looks like you put some foam wedges  on the front  of the units? If so was this an improvement over plain units when using the Acoustats?
Thanks for all your help.
Richard Basaker

Quote:
TUBES ONLY, AND FOREVER!!!

IP Logged
used-hifi-larry
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/17/08 at 21:09:02

Hi Steve I am in need of your help with my new room..

The room is 15'X25' an 8" ledge 4' high goes around on one long wall and both short walls my ceiling is 8 and half feet high there is a ceiling protrusion for a beam drywalled in ..in kinda a V if you will....thats a third into the room on the back wall...the floor carpeted  thick pad and thick carpet.

I am using my acoustats monitor 4's in the room right now and plan to use the radials too  

I hope you can help me i may attend the decfest this year and pick up some diffusers to take back home...

I hope to give you a call this week

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print