Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZCD ? (Read 15644 times)
DaveCan
Ex Member

ZCD ?
05/12/08 at 00:01:30

Steve,
 Would the mods that you did for the ZCD transfer over to the Tascam 5-disc player also?, or have you tried it?   Also would the output of these players work the same as the CSP2 to draw the full power out of the Taboo?    
Thanks   Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Re: ZCD ?
Reply #1 - 05/12/08 at 00:31:04

Dave: IIRC, the literature on the ZCD states that it comes with a standard 2V output, but can be factory modded to increase the output to 5 V. Enough to bring any Taboo to full power?!
                                                                                                            Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/12/08 at 22:37:44

Thanks Don I must have read right over that part Huh   Nice to know it could be set up to compliment what my Taboo needs etc..  Now just to find out if the ZCD mod will work with the 5disc player from Tascam, they are around the same price stock so that's a good thing...  BTW congrats on your ZCD purchase, look forward to your review when ready...       Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #3 - 05/13/08 at 02:52:44

Dave: Will do!  :)
Don

(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/14/08 at 22:21:15

So Steve if your out there, post #1 about the 5-dsc still applies...    Dave Smiley

IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/22/08 at 18:49:29

Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 05/23/08 at 03:41:48

DaveCan wrote on 05/12/08 at 00:01:30:
Steve,
 Would the mods that you did for the ZCD transfer over to the Tascam 5-disc player also?, or have you tried it?   Also would the output of these players work the same as the CSP2 to draw the full power out of the Taboo?    
Thanks   Dave Smiley

Dave,

I have not looked at the 5 disc player.  IF there was room inside the player for this mod, it's likely not the same player as the 160MKII.  Likely has a different chip set that would mean starting from scratch or at minimum re-voicing the circuit.  The voicing process on the ZCD took months. So in short I'm not interested in exploring uncharted territory.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 05/23/08 at 15:41:06

Dave,

Be patient and wait for the ZBlu Blu-Ray player.

:)

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/23/08 at 19:37:18

Thanks for the info Steve Cool..  I really like my 5 disc capability as it's nice to load up a bunch of cd's and set it for random play which I do all the time and really enjoy, was hoping the other player could work but oh well...  Maybe as Lon suggests there will be a ZBlu to check out sometime down the road?  
Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #9 - 05/23/08 at 23:09:39

All you fence sitters, don't be patient at all! Rec'd my ZCD yesterday ( Smiley) haven't really had a chance to settle in and listen for an extended period but, early impressions are--- where to begin!
More later, meanwhile, unless you have "silly money to spend", don't hesitate!
                                                                                                   Don

(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
MDA
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 06/14/18 at 17:33:49

Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1