Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 14:03:17 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
NEW TORII Mk II - Sneak Preview (Read 47960 times)
boead
Ex Member

Re: NEW TORII Mk II - Sneak Preview
Reply #50 - 08/26/05 at 14:38:47

Steve,

Do you have plans to make something like it as an integrated? All it really needs is a pre-out (for a sub) and a second or third input.  Hell, even just a pre-out for the sub and I’d use a good quality switch box to change sources.

This amp is almost exactly what I have been waiting for.

Are there any left? Although it’s sort of a bad time for me. My audio gear is boxed up. I just moved and have part of a 2 car garage that needs to be turned into a listening room. It’ll be at least two or three months will I get it done. Till them I’m banished to the Home Theater for my listening.

I want the freedom to try other speakers and the Zen C is just so limiting for speaker choices. This TORII MkII would just sit in a box for week and weeks before I could even try it.

IP Logged
hurdy_gurdyman
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 08/28/05 at 16:15:24

[quote author=boead  link=1124759053/45#50 date=1125063527]This TORII MkII would just sit in a box for week and weeks before I could even try it.

[/quote]Now that would be a real test of self discipline and will power.

Dave Cheesy

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: NEW TORII Mk II - Feedback
Reply #52 - 10/13/05 at 13:12:08

So far we have built and shipped 3 of the first 10 TORII Mk II's.  I have gotten feedback already from one of the buyers in California and thought you would enjoy reading it.

https://www.decware.com/zreview120.htm

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 10/13/05 at 17:20:47

Quote:
THIS LETTER IS IN WRITTEN IN APPRECIATION OF THE DECWARE COMPANY AND IT’S STAFF. I JUST HAVE A CONTINOUS WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WITH IT’S PRODUCTS

THAT’S WHY MY DECWARE GEARS ARE ALL BELOW #10 SERIAL NUMBERS.

Me too!  :D Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
Rocket_Ronny
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 10/13/05 at 19:54:11

Oh Man.

When I saw Steve's new Torii offered up at $2,000.00 I thought buy it. While that is more than I want to spend I knew the amp would probably be killer.

We just moved and the new listening room demands more power than a Taboo would offer for my Hornshoppe Wanna-bees. However the move has killed any audio cash for a good while.  :'( They say patience is a virtue. So I guess I will have a lot of that.

So close and yet so far.

Rocket_Ronny

IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 10/13/05 at 21:29:26

Rocket, have you thought about going to more efficient speakers?

IP Logged
Rocket_Ronny
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 10/13/05 at 22:17:24

Hi Brad:

Yes I have.

I have a pair of Fostex 167s and considered the 206s. I find that the 6 inch 167 doesn't image as well as the 4 inch 108's in the Hornshoppes. I am also very happy with how the speakers turned out. I get a kick just looking at them. Here they are in case you did not see them. http://www.scripturesongs.com/audio2.htm  I ditched the Yamaha mixer in the system. That was just experimenting. Although I really enjoyed the Cayin Amp I sold it to help pay for the move. Wouldn't a Torii look nice there?

I can't believe how much more power the new room takes over what you see in the link above. Almost twice, and it is a norrower room. Too narrow for me. Enough to dampen my audio enthusiam a lot. I like a big, wide soundstage. That's why I say the room is KING.

Rocket_Ronny

IP Logged
Brian
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 10/14/05 at 08:28:20

Nice to see that review.  What a great amp.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print